Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Charge Spoon saddles – believe the hype
  • IHN

Cripes, that’s a comfy bum ledge.

Twenty quid well spent.

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve got a charge spoon on each of my three bikes!! I even treated myself to one of the Ti rail ones 😉

tinsy
    Free Member

Yup.. real good… Jackass is a posh perch snob…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

They are nice, but I find mine a bit ‘flat’ after a while…

trickydisco
    Free Member

I concur, bought mine 2 weeks ago and have used it for a 40 mile road ride and a a few xc rides and it is indeed comfy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I’ve been happy with mine for the last 6 months – not too soft, not too hard, not too big

Stoner
    Free Member

not too soft, not too hard, not too big

the perfect c()ck? 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

I do rather like them too, got one on each of my MTB’s, might get one for my roadie now I’m not selling it, white woudl be nice

konakulakid
    Free Member

got a ti 1 but will always b 2nd to my wht fizik

karnali
    Free Member

lovely perch have them on 2 mtbs and 2 roadies considering a white one to bling up the summer roadie a bit

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Yup.. real good… Jackass is a posh perch snob…

hehe it was actually £20 in the classifieds!

slowrider
    Free Member

i like em too! i found the cover wore through relatively quick (8-9 months) but thats probably all the gritty mud on the arse of my waterproof shorts i guess. for that reason i stick with the cromo ones now.

stuckinarut
    Free Member

I didn’t really get on with mine. Thought it was great when I first attached it, but have found it increasingly uncomfortable. Gone back to SDG Bel Air – seems to suit my boney arse better 🙂

glenp
    Free Member

I think they’re great – had mine in regular use for over a year and there’s not a mark on it.

Anyone tried a Knife – slimmer, more scantly padded, lighter version of the Spoon?

fullbouncebill
    Free Member

Yep got a TI one here,dont notice it really so it must be good!

MrSalmon
    Free Member

I like mine a lot, but like slowrider I found the cover has gone quite quickly, mostly at the stitching which seems quite prominent compared to others. Got a Knife sitting about waiting to replace it- when I get out my rounded seatpost bolts 🙁

rOcKeTdOg

i have an excellent condition brown one i’m thinking of selling or swapping for a white one

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Anyone know of anywhere selling them off cheap – I fancy getting another for my SS. £20 isn’t much, but I’m a pikey …

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

rocketdog how much are you looking for it?

tinsy
    Free Member

Jackass, good buy…

OK so how many of this lot have gone for a coloured one?

Mines Brown… Is this a good opertunity to post a pic of my bike again?

Hairychested
    Free Member

got a ti 1 but will always b 2nd to my wht fizik

And I thought MBUK readers didn’t venture here 🙁

Oggles
    Free Member

Mines Brown… Is this a good opertunity to post a pic of my bike again?

YES! Even better if you have a red bike. (I want a brown one for my rock lobster!)

tinsy
    Free Member

Dont have to ask me twice!!

Just oredered a Charge chainstay protector in brown to match, flippin cheap as well at under £3…

Stoner
    Free Member

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

Both of those would look better in grey … or black …

tinsy
    Free Member

You was supposed to say that looks awsome!!

It did look nice with a black saddle on it too..

TimothyD
    Free Member

That looks aweseome!

TimothyD
    Free Member

Awesome even.

tinsy
    Free Member

Thats what I was after!!

Back on topic, what I like about the saddle is what PP doesnt like quite so much, it is flatter than a WTB or an SDG Bel Air, but where you kind of sit in those 2 saddles, you sit on the Charge and I find its nice to change where you actually sit on it if that makes any sense..

sssimon
    Free Member

I hated mine, didn’t fit my balls at all

back to fizik

rOcKeTdOg

prolly around £15, but would like a white one as a swapsie

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

magic had a white one going spare RD.

mrdoubletake
    Free Member

Rocket, if you don’t get your swap, I will take it.

e-mail in profile.

mboy
    Free Member

Just fitted A Charge Spoon to my hardtail on Friday night. Rode about 4 hours on Saturday.

Got to say it’s not the least comfy saddle I’ve ever used, but it’s not the most comfy by some margin (yet at least)… Maybe my bum needs to harden to it, or maybe it needs to shape to my arse, but I’m with stuckinarut in that the SDG Bel Air is the most comfortable for me.

AB
    Free Member
    Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Grey Black and brown…

Must admit, I might swap the black and brown ones around, hmmm??

mboy
    Free Member

2nd ride in on mine now, 3 days after the first ride it was flippin painful jumping onto the saddle at first, but managed to grin and bear it. Anyway, 2 1/2 hours later, was noticing the saddle less and less as the ride went on (presumably a good thing, unless I’ve lost all sense of feeling in my arse now!). Certainly noticed the burn in my legs a lot more than the pain in my arse too.

Also, chatting to a guy on the ride, he said he’d had a similar experience with the Spoon. Said he’d bought one upon reccomendation, and likewise found it a bit of an axe at first. But said he peresevered, and finds it pretty comfortable now!

spooky_b329

Another converted here…replaced both my WTB saddles with them. Only bought one on impulse as I took a faulty top back after several months and had 5 minutes to choose something else, had heard good things so took the plunge 🙂

PJay
    Free Member

I believed the hype, bought one and hated it, which means nothing except that it didn’t suit my bum (and I do seem a bit sensitive when it comes to saddles). There have been loads of top reviews and peer feedback stating how good they are so they’ve got to be worth a try when searching for the perfect saddle but I’ve yet to find anything that works for me as well as a ti. railed SDG Bel Air.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I found no difference between a Ti Bel air and a cro-mo Spoon, so I pocketed the cash difference.

I do find the stiching wears quite quickly, but then, so do the alledged kevlar patches on the Bel airs, as does their stiching.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoon saddles – believe the hype’ is closed to new replies.