Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Charge Spoon
  • thorpie
    Free Member

Still on my quest to find a comfy, all day saddle. Currently trying a Charge Spoon, first signs are encouraging but still trying to find that sweet spot. My question is do you ride your Spoon angled nose up, nose down or level?

seadog101

Slight nose down is best, so says my nethers.

deviant
    Free Member

Level or nose marginally down, good saddle.

jeffl

Nose down a bit for me.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cp

Nose slightly up for me.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Protip*:

If you leave the bike against the radiator the foam melts 🙁

*It is possible I am not a Pro, but you can still have the tip.

fivespot
    Free Member

Ditch the spoon and get the scoop 😉

mike399
    Free Member

I found the spoon really comfy apart from the numb nob issue!
    Anyone tried the ‘line’?

jonnyboi

Level for me

gavtheoldskater
    Free Member

Spirit level and dead flat like all my saddles.

kraken2345
    Free Member

Nose slightly up to help grip it between my knees for descents or now I’m learning no handers

whitestone
    Free Member

About 5deg nose down. Helps prevent saddle sores, especially after a couple of hundred Km

jruk
    Free Member

I keep my tip slightly up. Not as much as I used to but that’s an age thing I guess.

core

Nose slightly down helps with numbness for me, particularly on the climbs. I like the spoon, I have 3 of them, but will be buying scoops to replace them down the line, as I find my one of those even comfier.

Part of that may be the lack of seams, slightly softer covering perhaps.

Madison flux is basically the same as the spoon too, my older one has no seams either.

hooli

Never mind the nose, I’d like to find a way to stop those saddles squeaking. I used to have a couple and they were never silent. I tried everything but after 2 or 3 rides, they were back to being noisy.

Ended up binning them and buying a specialized saddle. It’s not as comfortable but a lot quieter.

flaps
    Free Member

I had mine level. Nice but didn’t wear very well, the fabric wore on both sides a lot quicker than I expected.

dallas95
    Free Member

Never had a Spoon but can tell you WTB pure V is very comfy. Always set my saddles level, works best for me.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Spoon also comfortable for me after trying a few different saddles. Have mine level. When funds allow, will try the scoop on my carbon roof bike.

Murray

Anyone tried the Fabric Line? I’m on my second Spoon but fancy a change.

scotroutes

Spoons are OK (flat for me) but I find they don’t last long. A couple of thousands miles before the padding packs down and becomes useless. Specialized saddles in 143 width are pretty similar and last longer (but are also more expensive)

benp1

Madison Flux saddle or charge spoon here, the former is a harder wearing version of the latter

mccraque

I’ve a spoon. Really need to drop the nose as pains the gooch.

mccraque

Oddly…my favourite saddles are the On One Big Noses.

Cheap. Comfortable. If a little weighty.

jobro
    Free Member

Anyone tried the Fabric Line?

Fabric make Spoon/Scoops. Well they do now.

wiggles
    Free Member

Fabric make Spoon/Scoops. Well they do now.

there is also a model called the line which I beleive he is refering to. If so, I found it awful but I don’t like any charge/fabric saddles.

People saying “they are great apart from the numbness”are they really that great then? you can find saddles that are comfy and don’t cause nob-rot 😉

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Level for me.
    Is anyone tallying the answers? Could do a little chart 😉

ransos
    Free Member

I find my Charge Spoon starts to get a touch uncomfortable after about ten hours in the saddle. Which is pretty good going IME.

flashes
    Free Member

Level with MTB padded liner. I can ride all day, even on my scrawny ars*…

Northwind

I used to rate the Spoon but I switched to the Knife, which is a really slimline, unpadded deal but just exactly the right shape for my arse.

IMO fitment overrules absolutely everything else- there’s no point in trying to get a perfect amount of padding or angle or stitching in the right place if it doesn’t fit you right. There’s no such thing as a universally comfy saddle any more than there’s a universal arse.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoon’ is closed to new replies.