Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charge Plug
  • rossrobot
    Free Member

Looking for a second bike that's more road-friendly, but not quite ready for drop down bars and stick thin tyres. Tempted by the Charge plug as i'd like a SS.
    Any plug owners got any thoughts, or alternatives around £500?

sc-xc

Haze from here has one and likes it.

I have just got one of these:

steve_b77
    Free Member

I have an '09 plug freestyler that I've fitted the Charge Slice bars to, fantastic commuter, very robust.

I do 9 miles each way to work through London and even the knackered roads and cobbles haven't upset the bike or had any impact on the wheels in 3 months. Check out the 'bay as bargains can be had.

The Mongoose Maurice is worth looking at too, loads cheaper and just as bomb proof.

This is mine BTW.

rossrobot
    Free Member

Haze – do like the look of the uno but loving the handle bars on the plug.
    Steve – buying via ride to work so have to avoid ebay. Good to hear that yours is a solid bike; shame they no longer do the frame in that colour – looks cool.

steve_b77
    Free Member

This is true, the paints all sparkly when it's clean too 😆 😳

Even the girl in the Ford dealer I collected my car from the other week liked it.

The freestylers have been beefed up too, silly BMX fork

Haze

Here you go…

Had it a couple of years now and I still love it.

I changed the wheel set after my cup and cones kept coming loose daily and were eventually worn to ****. Not sure if that was due to poor quality parts or (as I suspect) lack of quality maintenance.

It's no lightweight bike by any stretch, but rides much nicer with the new wheels and 23c tyres as opposed to the 28c's that came on it.

Does the job of getting me to work and back and doesn't sink into the tarmac when it's left against the wall as some would have you believe.

Excuse the grass 8)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Charge Plug’ is closed to new replies.