Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Charge Duster sizing help please
  • cyclebiker

Hello All,
    I wonder if you could help me, I am lookig to purchase a Charge Duster skinny and I am a little unsure of which way to go with the size guide. I am 5′ 7″-7.5″ (evey little helps) and this is on the cusp of the small and medium.
    Does anyone else ride one / have any suggestions?

amedias
    Free Member

I’ve got a small, I’m exactly 5’7 and it fits me just about right, the top tube is quite short in comparison to other frames of similar size so if you like a long top tube or have gangly arms/long torso the. I’d say go for the medium, but if you’ve got stumpy T-Rex arms go with the small.

Great frames by the way, I’ve ridden mine far more than I expected to after buying one off eBay cheap on a whim before Xmas, really comfy and very nimble, don’t be put off by the initial flexy noodly feeling on the first few rides, it grows on you 😉

robinmcc
    Free Member

The one I have is a medium and I’m 5’9.5″. I run it with a 90mm stem, and layback seatpost. It’s currently set up with a rigid carbon 29er fork. A really nice light frame with lots of steel springiness – if that’s what you’re after.

brassneck

I have a small @ 174cm (5 8 ish?? 5 9 being generous!) – it was sold to me as a medium, then claimed to be a small-medium (no such thing AFAIK).

It’s on the small side for me (and I prefer MTBs to be on the small side) and I have to run a long stem. Will be getting rid as I have finally accepted it’s too small… unfortunately Plan A of the Tripster is now up in the air as there’s no stock @ Freeborn 🙁

However – on the plus side – it’s a riot. I had to build it, and then even knowing and feeling it was too small I have it 2 years later. Great fun bike, as good a hardtail as I’ve ridden, if you like sproing (which I think you do else you wouldn’t look twice at it).

I think small, with a short stem would work for you

EDIT: Forgot to add, if you’re interested, complete or frame only or any combination of bits drop me a mail. Running rigid with carbon Bonty Switchblades at the mo, but also have some slightly shonky Rebas it worked well with.

joshvegas
    Free Member

5’8 with long arms and legs finds me on a medium quite happily, the small is supershort.

cyclebiker

Thanks for the advice guys, Brassneck you have an email.
    Seems like the small could be for me….

onehundredthidiot

Other half is 5’7″ and on a small, i’m much the same and think it’s great.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Charge Duster sizing help please’ is closed to new replies.