Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Cooker 29er opinion
  • funkmasterp

Hello Singletrack,

I have the opportunity o buy a Ti 29er Cooker at a good price. I can’t find a great deal of info on the bike other than a Bikeradar review.

I’ve been out of MTB for a while and used to ride a Bfe. Looking in to building fitness back up and would be riding mainly around the Peaks (hope, Ladybower) and local trails around Macc Forest / Buxton area.

Is the Cooker mainly an xc bike or would it be suitable for a larger range of riding? I was wondering if the relatively short travel and steep head angle might make the bike, combined with my rusty skills, a bit naff at descending.

As usual any input and advice is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

teadrinker
    Free Member

I have a Cooker 4 and find it more than capable for anything I want. It’s a very versatile bike. I can’t comment on the Ti version but if they had made an XL version I would have snapped that up a long time ago. Is it gnar enough? I can’t comment as I’m not that Gnar but these videos seem to prove so

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tedZFl3cHyw[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myLJGJBO1Ic[/video]

funkmasterp

Thanks Teadrinker,

I couldn’t even do anything remotely approaching that on the Bfe! I’ve been offered the bike, stock spec, for £1480. 2014 model with tapered head tube and only used at a bike show. I was looking at models with more travel, but that price for a lovely Ti frame seems like a steal.

teadrinker
    Free Member

I’m running 100mm Rebas, full XT and Hope Wheels with big old fat 2.4″ Conti’s it’s just awesome. I’ve always loved steel hardtails and my best was 2003 (ish) Orange P7, a truly awesome bike that did everything, my cooker is on par with that bike. I really can’t fault it at that price I’d say go for it.

funkmasterp

Think I’ll go for it. It’s between the Cooker and a Stanton Sherpa at the moment. Both lovely, but fancy giving Ti a go.

Thanks for the advice.

johnnystorm

I’ve just built up an ex-bike show frame-only. I can’t tell you much more than that really as I’ve only put a handful of very easy miles on it. It is a thing of beauty to look at though… 😉

I’d be interested to know what has really changed with this years model moving to 27+ as the pics in the advert still show the Ti frame with front dérailleur cable stops and it hasn’t needed those since it went 1x on last years model…. 🙄

funkmasterp

Any issues with toe overlap? Could be the photo angles, but the front wheel seems quite close to the crank arm on some pictures.

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

I have one use it for all MTB, local woods to BPW. Love it sold my full suspension as using the Ti all the time

funkmasterp

Thanks everyone for the advice. It’ll be my only bike for the foreseeable and sounds like it will cover all my intended uses. I’ll post pictures if I get it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Cooker 29er opinion’ is closed to new replies.