Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Blender – could be the Ti = fun?!
  • andygreener

I have the opportunity to purchase the really old fashioned Blender – 9checking it if the ti version) as a bit of a playbike, odd commuter.

Any had one? Anyone got one? Any thoughts?
    thanks
    ag

zero-cool
    Free Member

Had a steel one, they were great fun, but a bit small for riding any distance. It was my only bike back then and I managed everything on it. The Butcher was more allround, but they’re as rare as rocking horse poo.

If you’ever got another bike for XC missions then you’ll find the blender a hoot, as it’ll jump, DH and pedal a bit. Mine was perfect for places like FOD where a decent HT is as much (if not more) fun than a big bike.

Tom KP

chakaping
    Free Member

odd commuter.

Very odd commuter!

Had one very briefly, it was a total ballache to pedal anywhere.

nwill1
    Free Member

I have one, had it since 2008.

Was my first ‘proper’ Mtb after an entry level Giant XC bike. I’d come from years of dirt jumping on a BMX and to me it felt great…I used to ride it for light DH, XC, 4X, BMX tracks.

However I’ve since ridden other bikes and came to the conclusion it climbs like a pig!! I now ride a Stanton Slackline Ti for XC/Trail duties and Orange Five for rougher trail rides. I used to just think I was not fit but that weren’t the whole story even given my relatively reasonable level of ridding fitness I find it tough to climb.

The Blender is now reserved for playing on (Pumptrack/DJ/4X) or going to the park with my daughter. Short blast fun, point it DH and it’s super fun, more so than the Slackline but general trail XC ridding it’s not ideal.

Saying that if you decide not to buy it drop me an email and put me onto the person selling it…I always fancied a Ti one…

nwill1 at ymail dot com

cloudnine
    Free Member

Picked up steel blender frame a few months back (had one a few years ago and loved it then) and budget building it SS as a play bike. Always fancied a Ti one but could never justify the cost for an occasional bike. If I could afford Ti Id have one in a heartbeat. They aren’t that bad to pedal if you aren’t tall..

boxxer7
    Free Member

Had a steel one, loved it, one of the most fun bikes I’ve owned but it really sucked to pedal anywhere.

When you put the seat up if your anything over 5.5ft the saddle ends up so far behind the cranks it makes it a sod to pedal.

nwill1
    Free Member

Did OP ever buy the Ti Blender??

cloudnine
    Free Member

I now have all the bits to build mine single speed.. Santa brought me a seat clamp, a 16t cog and cassette spacers.

sharkattack

I had one for years as my only bike. I’m 6’2″ so it was crap for pedalling or going uphill. It felt really slow, heavy and hard work everywhere. I didn’t really notice though unless I went out with people who had normal bikes when I would be left behind.

But… I loved it at the time. Used it for BMX tracks, dirt jumps, downhill and general arsing around. I’d have another one now if I needed a cheap jump bike. It kind of encouraged ‘stunts’ and tricks and the kind of riding I did as a kid so I found myself having more fun.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Blender – could be the Ti = fun?!’ is closed to new replies.