Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Charge bikes – a few questions Plug / Grater
  • qwerty
    Free Member

I’m mulling over a couple of future bike options, one is a 2016 Kona Private Jake, the other is a 2016 Grater 3 AND a 2017 Plug 1. The Kona being an out & out CX race bike capable of SSing, the Charges being 1) an ideal commuter & maybe used for a bit of bicycle hoboing & 2) a SS CX bike for the odd race through the winter.

My intended use being commuting & the odd SS CX race for fun.

Are the Plug & Grater frames identical – the geometry suggests yes.

Anyone know max tyre size i’d get in one? Plug comes with 42c which i guess i’d get into a Grater.

Anyone actually own the Grater 3 with Alfine 8? If so, whats it like?

Anyone any inside info on the 2017 Charges, spec & release dates?

Cheers.

Cos we all like bikes:

So, this:

or this

AND this

Gotama
    Free Member

Sorry no help but that charge plug looks interesting as I’ve been looking at the current range and wishing it had discs.

qwerty
    Free Member

Gotama – yea, thats my thoughts too, 2017 info is vague, best from the orient at present, i think the “Grinduro” one above will come with hydraulic brakes & the black version mechanical, dunno on price but Tredz are offering pre order on the black for £550.

ultracrepidarian
    Free Member

I have a 2016 plug 1 in pink. Spec is wrong, the tyres are 38, kenda don’t do them in a 42. Loads of clearance though. Forky is flexy, wheels are heavy.

I’d go for the kona.

Gotama
    Free Member

From their facebook page the one you pictured above seems to be US only unfortunately. They’re also saying Feb release for the UK so that pre-order may be a little aggressive!

qwerty
    Free Member

From their facebook page the one you pictured above seems to be US only unfortunately.

Booooooo 🙁

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Charge bikes – a few questions Plug / Grater’ is closed to new replies.