• This topic has 15 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chapp1e. Shall I risk it, it's cheap night
  • wysiwyg
    Free Member

I have a rule about cinema and sub 60% films on rotten tomatoes.
    Is it as bad as everyone says?

rickmeister

Anyone else think dog food was involved.. ?

wysiwyg
    Free Member

They used a lower case i to differentiate.

Drac

They used a 1 to differentiate.

Ermmm!

It’ll probably Ok but not one I’m going to bother going to the cinema to see.

PiknMix
    Free Member

I Can’t wait to D/L it.

interstellar
    Free Member

I saw this on the weekend, thought it was really good, I enjoyed it as much as district 9 too

wysiwyg
    Free Member

I meant lower case i. My bad

jekkyl

we always use empire magazine reviews, a 3 is ok, worth the price of a cinema ticket if you really want to see or a fan of the franchise, 4 is go and see it, it’l be pretty good. 5 is go and see it now, don’t delay.
    Empire gives chappie a 3 star – http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review.asp?FID=138734

so it’s a mehhhhh. Go and ride your bike.

tthew

I quite enjoyed it, Mrs Tthew thought it was awful. Mainly because Hugh Jackman had a crap haircut and piss poor South African accent.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Hugh Jackman wasn’t meant to be SA was he?

Either way it was absolutely atrocious. Was it written by an 8yo who’s film knowledge was short circuit, robocop, a poster of Cain from robocop 2, I-robot and lawn mower man? Oh and stick in Avatar for the ending. Truly abysmal. I may tweet him and tell him to leave Alien the hell alone. What with him and Ridleys Prometheus 2 on the horizon. Ergh.

arcadian
    Free Member

I enjoyed it. Girlfriend really enjoyed it too, despite not wanting to go see it with me. Fun film, never felt bored watching it, was kind of surprised to see the low rotten tomatoes score when I looked the day after.

d3fm3ch
    Free Member

I just saw it tonight. Enjoyed it. 8/10 from me.

sputnik
    Free Member

I don’t give a shit if you go and see it or not but for the record I saw it and enjoyed it.
    Edit: just saw your second post and realised you went and saw it before you counted the votes on here.
    Your bad.

seosamh77
    Free Member

wysiwyg – Member
    Hugh Jackman wasn’t meant to be SA was he?

Haven’t seen the film, but he was talking about it being a change keeping his ausie accent in an interview I seen the other week.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I enjoyed it considerably anyway, but I have enjoyed it far, far more after spending some time watching Die Antwoord‘s videos.

I also think Elysium might well have been appreciably more interesting if Ninja had taken the Matt Damon role.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

After Elyspsium no ta

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chapp1e. Shall I risk it, it's cheap night’ is closed to new replies.