Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Chapel Gate, Roych Vehicle Ban – Is it to be enforced?
  • richpips
    Free Member

Must have seen nearly 20 motorbikes in a number of seperate groups up that way yesterday.

I spoke to one group at the bottom of Chapel Gate, who had a quick chat amongst themselves, then headed onwards up the hill.

Does anyone know if the Peak Park / DCC is intending to enforce the ban, or at least make it difficult for off road vehicles to gain access?

Pointless exercise “banning” them imo otherwise.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Hi Rich – it seems that a TRO is not a universal ban on all vehicles. It can be almost anything that the applying authority wants it to be, for example the one on the Long Causeway is a restriction by width, stops 4×4 but not trail bikes, horses or motorbikes. Not sure what the Chapel Gate and Roych TROs are specifically banning.

But to answer your question, if they are having substantial cuts to all budgets I can’t see how they can enforce it unless other ‘legal’ users dob them in with pics and reg numbers.

hora
    Free Member

When I was there a couple of weeks ago- every single gate was left wide open from the top of Rushups all the way past Roych. Now that could be the work of Strava riding Gods or it could be Nomadic sheep. Who knows? Alot of tyre tracks that way though.

If there is clandestine riding and its early am- walkers will see damage and assume mountain bikers are to blame. Who knows? Maybe in a roundabout way/a cruel-twist we’ll be banned because of motorbike/4×4’s using it?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

how many rushup’s?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Hora do you try to be a complete **** or is it a trait you have always had?
    Constant bleating about strava, being banned from places, do the decent thing and be proactive instead of a wingeing fanny!

hora
    Free Member

and be proactive

and constantly be the gate closer of the Peaks?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

or be an adult and make decisions based on surroundings?

thepodge
    Free Member

Pointless exercise “banning” them imo otherwise

Except that now we can hear a sparrow fart from 200m and the air is so clear that its a cure for all terminal illnesses.

Since there is such a wide range of rules and no one is sure where they apply I can’t see that dobbing some one in is going to help especially if the ban doesn’t cover them.

Pook

I’m going to book you two a room so you can release all this sexual tension.

dannyh
    Free Member

The irony of that first question posed by rob jackson (given some of his posts on here) is lip-smackingly brilliant.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

when was my last inane question that i have done nothing about?

dannyh
    Free Member

when was my last inane question that i have done nothing about?

I think you may be referring to your second sentence there – the one that ends with an exclamation mark (hence not a question).

I was referring to the first sentence.

I’m not 100% sure what the asterixs were covering, but I can make a couple of suggestions that I think would apply equally to your good self.

milkyman
    Free Member

Having been over there a few times on my bike and on my motor bike, I can only say from the other groups I have met, all of them closed the gates, on the odd times I have been over and found gates open you never know if it’s the farmer moving stock about or some lazy sod, do I always leave a gate as I find it, whether 4×4 should be there or motorbikes I’m not sure, I used to have a lot of fun on my enduro bike round the Peak District but as the lanes gradually closed down I was riding the same lanes every week end so I packed in, I would never try to defend motor bikes or 4×4, they do rip up the ground,

hora
    Free Member

milkyman we covered this in a recent thread, Farmers like gates shut.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Since there is such a wide range of rules and no one is sure where they apply I can’t see that dobbing some one in is going to help especially if the ban doesn’t cover them.

Sorry, I missed out the ‘irony’ emoticon at the end of that sentence. You could dob everyone in including yourself, just to be on the safe side, then at least someone will get what they deserve. 😉 😆

rob-jackson
    Free Member

dannyh – coming from the fella that cannot fathom chainring bolts….

thepodge
    Free Member

It’s ok, I’m still not sure if to be outraged or not from the last thread

milkyman
    Free Member

Hi hora
    I didn’t know that and from now on, I will close them

hora
    Free Member

Rob shouldnt you be buying new forks?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

podge – are you coming to the pdmtb meeting in buxton tonight?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora – why would i do that – i don’t have marzocchi tanks or fox bags of shit, so no need. Oh and i will ride my bike tonight – in the dark, and it may, oh no, rain #shitmyself

hora
    Free Member

I take it from that you are a Pike fanboi. Nevermind, touchy lot.

thepodge
    Free Member

Rob, would have done but your esteemed leader has been maintaining radio silence so I didn’t know about it. Plus I’m moving house (need to be out by Sunday) so no free time this week unfortunately.

dannyh
    Free Member

pdmtb meeting – chaired by rob “I say what I bloody well like, and like what I bloody well say” Jackson?

Ok – maybe I’ve been a bit punchy above, but your style just irked me today. There is ‘direct’ and there is provocative – just thought I’d see how you liked the latter.

I think you might have helped me with my chainring bolt query – so thanks.

hora
    Free Member

😆

rob-jackson
    Free Member

nope – chaired by rogerthecat

rob-jackson
    Free Member

dannyh – i just get fed up with hora repeating the same whinges but doing nothing about it. And when he finds a problem when out, ignoring it “cos everyone else is doing it”

Pook

When where and what is this meeting all about?

dannyh
    Free Member

Seems I may have wandered into a ruck between two STWers with ‘previous’……………..

Fair enough, Rob – but sometimes the ‘hand grenade into the room’ approach makes you seem a bit aggressive.

I only clicked on the thread because I rode the Roych as part of a ride on Saturday and was really quite pleased with the work that has been done to shore up the top part whilst not flattening it totally.

Seeing someone just wade in, seemingly unprovoked and calling someone names brought out the mongrel in me for a bit.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

work on the roych is ace and the style should be used elsewhere. Pook it’s only the committee this time mate

hora
    Free Member

i just get fed up with hora repeating the same whinges but doing nothing about it.

I do. I could just sail through each open gate but its logical to assume that if a gate is there its function is to stop something getting out.

Pook

Right o. Didn’t know Podge was on the committee 🙂

rob-jackson
    Free Member

He is being co-opted whether he likes it or not – press gang!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

hora my main gripe is your attitude about areas that are shit up, akin to it’s damaged already so sod it i will ride there because i have traveled. Yet you are the first to whinge about MX’ers and gates. If thats not clear then so be it, not a hand grenade, a genuine observance that irritates me and undermines lot’s of good work by many groups.

thepodge
    Free Member

Rob / Paul. I’ll mail you if I get chance before this eve.

hora
    Free Member

hora my main gripe is your attitude about areas that are shit up, akin to it’s damaged already so sod it i will ride there because i have traveled.

No. Take it within context, on that thread you (in your usual style) said the OP shouldn’t go up there.

In my opinion you can stop the odd rider however mbr, dirt etc will actively promote the trails UKwide, (to a lesser extent) same with vgraphics route guides etc.

Then there are the factors that you can’t control, reems of DofE, walkers 7 days a week- all with lovely grippy-thick penetrating soles that (IMO) can be far worse than a tyre that rolls through.

I like that path over WLT- its flat to climbing slightly and its just techy enough so that you have to concentrate not to dab.

My point on that thread was resigned to the inevitable. The undesignated trail nearby- I remember one mid-week a school part of 30 from a school in Essex where sliding/scrambling up there. On a forum you can put off the odd rider but its a very popular place thats open access 24hours/365 days a year and the walkers may whinge but they are one of the reasons why the paths are deteriorating..

richpips
    Free Member

For the record

a) the motorbikers shut all the gates.

b) I’m a local strava “God” and I don’t need to leave any gates open. 😆

rogerthecat
    Free Member

rob jackson – Member
    podge – are you coming to the pdmtb meeting in buxton tonight?

Bugger, arse, knob and ****!

Better get a quick pass stamp – that’ll teach me to look at stuff!
    See you later, I’ll be the one looking for somewhere to kip tonight.

hora
    Free Member

I’m a local strava “God” and I don’t need to leave any gates open

Do you say Strava! and the gates spring open and sigh? 😀

dannyh
    Free Member

Bugger, arse, knob and ****!

That’s the whole committee then is it? Definitely quorate.

Only joking – nice to hear that some people are willing to represent mountain bike interests in the Peaks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Chapel Gate, Roych Vehicle Ban – Is it to be enforced?’ is closed to new replies.