Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chapeau STW's Roc(k)!!
  • teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Best example I have seen of taking in the biggest of the three jumps at the Judge’s Seat Winterfold. Quick check of the line, no faffing about, short committed run up and then great jump with nice landing. Great riding Roc(k) and nice to meet you guys.

I had mega wipe out on Northern Monkey just afterwards. I tried to carry in but was still dazed 100m lower which is where I stopped to watch you all fly past. I was still shaking 10mins later 🙁 Took at least 30mins to get my mojo back after that!

hora
    Free Member

?

Mantastic
    Free Member

Random

toppers3933
    Free Member

Is this one of those rowntree randoms adverts. Because it makes no sense at all.

Ambrose

I read this as teamhurtmore congratulating somebody who posts on here as roc(k) on their riding prowess at Winterfold.

hora
    Free Member

OP you burst into the answer without explaining the question.

martinxyz
    Free Member

It’s the word ‘Chapeau’ that has rattled my cage more than the riddle.

martinxyz
    Free Member

I feel bad for being very stw’y here but why use a public forum to congratulate someone.

Send him a text?

<gets off stw-type horse>

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m not even sure I know what ‘chapeau’ means. I do know its almost as irritating as juxtaposition.

hora
    Free Member

Maybe its a sexing-up term

‘I want to hang my hat on your man-mast’?

IanMunro
    Free Member

martinxyz
    Free Member

O.K. I’ve read it now and worked it out a bit better. Hat’s off to you for taking part in some kind of biking race and sorry for being confused about it. It sure beats finding 2 replies to a fork question on a bike forum compared to 1001 on the border terrier threads.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Indeed Ambrose. Met Roc(k) and his mates briefly at the Judges Seat today and his riding and jumping impressed me. Nothing wrong with a STW love-in. Better than the usual bitching. But on that note, and with a sense of irony to go with it, chapeau is merely a well-accepted cycling term of appreciation.

Ever wondered that I might not know his mobile number, Martin!?! (edit for the cross-post. The ironic sarcasm less warranted after the later post Martin 😉 )

Blimey we come on here saying how wonderful certain coaches are, every time someone has a lesson. What’s the harm in congratulating another forumite for his good skills? Weird?

Markie
    Free Member

Amen thm. STW rocks.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Lol. Sorry! You are just stoked on it all but many were confuzzled! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chapeau STW's Roc(k)!!’ is closed to new replies.