Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • chaos powder, how was your journey to work?
  • rOcKeTdOg

i’m glad i walked, took the train and bus, the roads are awful and predictably it’s armageddon for car commuters around here

sterling work by the bus driver even if he did get it sideways around a couple of corners

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I leave at 6.30am and it was OK. The back roads were sheet compacted snow and I eased out nice and slowy, but it was -10.8 degrees on my weather station at some point last night, -8.0 when I left. The more main roads lookd like they did yesterday – Wet, slushy. But I tested it with a tweak of the throttle and got wheelspin. It had obviously frozen up, salt or no salt…

Lots of the roads that looked clear were the same – icy – and I imagine people less cautios than me are swapping ends and burying it in the scenery by now…..

clubber
    Free Member

Bristol – bit slippy at my house and at the other end at work but other than that, fine and not the ice-fest I was concerned it might be.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Anybody know roughly what temperature a salted/gritted road will freeze over again?

BoardinBob

IIRC -14 is the point that grit stops working

thepurist

Brine freezes at 0 degrees Fahrenheit – that’s how that zero point was defined (I only learned that last night!)

ton

minus 9 when i set off on the bike.
    got a nice new earwarmer thing from north face which made my commute nice.

little things please little minds…….. 8)

timc
    Free Member

havent left yet 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

not many in yet then 😕

soobalias
    Free Member

took twice as long as usual due to mincing the downs and grannying the ups.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I cycled in no bother, nowt on the roads and loads of grip in the snow, great fun.

My ears were cold though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘chaos powder, how was your journey to work?’ is closed to new replies.