Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Changing tubeless tyres….numpty ?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Looking to change my tyres currently tubeless….can I collect the fluid and reuse or is it disposal with new fluid? How or what is the best way to collect the sealent ? And how or do I need to clean old fluid off the tyres?
    Cheers

creamegg
    Free Member

Yep, wasteful to dispose of it. I scoop it out using the red measuring scoop you get with Stans fluid. You can shape the tyre around the scoop so one or two passes is enough. Just wipe excess with a rag

jamesfts
    Free Member

Depending on how long they’ve been set up and the use they’ve had you may find there is very little left – it always surprises me how quickly you can get through the stuff but yes, scoop out, top up and re-use.

kermit
    Free Member

I changed my first set of tubeless tyres last week after they’d been on the bike for about 11 months, during which I’d not topped them up at all.

No loss of pressure ever, but absolutely no liquid left inside either…

pnik

I bought the stans injector syringe with a sticker and a bit tube on the end, but find it useful for transferring between tyres and topping up duties without breaking the seal on the bead.

vondally
    Free Member

Thanks all

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Using the little stans bottle, squeeze it and then suck up the sealant then it’s in the right place to reuse

sadexpunk

as for cleaning old fluid off the tyres…… id leave it on. may be plugging some holes already?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Changing tubeless tyres….numpty ?’ is closed to new replies.