Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Changing the cage on a SRAM X0 rear mech!!!
  • cheekysprocket

I’ve got the inner cage, jockey wheels and cage stop screw off. The Park Tool site describes the mech body as needing to be ‘rotated to one position only before the cage can be removed’, on account of the “D fitting” (circlip thingy) having to align with the D-shaped recess in the mech body. However, it doesn’t indicate what this position is, and no matter how far round I rotate the cage, I can’t seem to persuade them apart.

Equally stubborn and discombobulated after two night shifts on about ten hours’ sleep. Not a good combo, but I really want to get this mech on my bike so I can go ride tomorrow!

STATO
    Free Member

Not sure about the latest 10 or 11 speed ones but on the 9speed you had to remove the small stop to let the cage reach that point.

EDIT: just re-read and see you’ve done that. Should be a case of just releasing a bit of the spring tension and it coming apart, never had an issue, maybe the clutch versions are different?

cheekysprocket

This isn’t a clutch mech, so it SHOULD be fairly straightforward as you say, Stato. But I’m positioning it incrementally through its range, and it just isn’t letting go. Maybe it’s time to ring the LBS…

otsdr
    Free Member

I assume it should be the same position as in the mounting image:

Unless the D shaped bit is spinning on the axle :/.

julzm
    Free Member

Can someone tell me where they sourced a new cage? I have a xo1 mech that I’ve overtightened one of the jockey wheels on, mech is fine apart from that but I couldn’t find a replacement cage for it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing the cage on a SRAM X0 rear mech!!!’ is closed to new replies.