Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Changing The Battery In Lezyne Zecto Drive
  • woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Has anyone tried it? My front light looks like it needs a new battery. Before I pull it to bits does anyone know if the battery is user replaceable? Any suggestions of where to get the battery or is it an eBay search job?
    Many thanks.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

No one?

Jamz
    Free Member

I don’t have the answer to your question – sorry! But, I have the same lights and I was wondering if yours will charge via a standard mobile phone charger? I’ve tried using my samsung charger but it doesn’t register and the fit seems very loose.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigshep
    Free Member

Again I can’t help with changing the battery, I’m just amazed you’ve had it working long enough to kill the battery.
    Mine died after water started getting in through the charging port. It would randomly turn itself off mid ride and back on in the middle of the night!
    Good while it lasted though 🙄

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

Sorry not sure about the phone charger. We’re all on iPhone in my house!

bobcatmax
    Free Member

Did you have a go? Mine is now discharging very quickly and won’t fully charge

alexandersmith

With apologies for bringing up an old thread, what you should be looking for is a 650mAh 803030 LiPo battery.
    The six digit number is interesting because it seems to define the physical size of the battery, 30mm by 30mm by 8mm.
    I’ve had a quick look on ebay and nobody seems to be selling that size battery. I suspect that Lezyne may have had their batteries custom made to that size, or they are buying them from every source possible.
    The connector is a JST PHR-2, which is just the plastic part. You need to buy the crimps as well (JST PH 2mm female).
    If the batteries were available, you could probably buy a battery with the right connector all ready to go.

Have you talked to your local dealer, or Lezyne yourself about having your light repaired (warranty or not)?

Del

googling the full ‘cypl 803030’ code gives you a manufacturer in shenzen. no price so it looks like they either don’t have stock or are not supplying direct.
    it’s a 650mAh, 3.7V cell. might be worth sending them a query though. undoubtedly i’ll be interested in due course..

alexandersmith

Try asking for a sample battery “for evaluation” perhaps? 🙂

bobcatmax
    Free Member

a little google-fu and it would seem you can buy them from alibaba, if you can decipher the pages well enough.

only problem being a minimum order of anything between 500-1000 pieces!

http://uk.alibaba.com/product/1861793116-803030-083030-3-7v-650mah-li.html

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Changing The Battery In Lezyne Zecto Drive’ is closed to new replies.