Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Changing rotors – any problems?
  • letmetalktomark

Evening Y'all.

Bit of a silly question I think 😳

After a recent experiment with 700c wheels on one of my 26'' frames I have found that it will be useful just being able to change over wheels depending on duties. The thing is I have a complete set of spare wheels but no rotors.

I currently run Magura brakes and use their rotors but to buy a second pair for my off road wheels seems far more expensive than other brands 😕

As long as I stick to the correct rotor diameter should I be okay with any rotors?

ken_shields
    Free Member

I've used all sorts of rotors and you're correct that as long as the OD is the same you should be ok. Only minor fly in the ointment is thickness and pad thickness.

Oh and I did have an issue with XTR discs and Avid Juicy 5's so ended up with XT discs and I'm also running XTR calipers with Hope floaters

stumpy01

I've got 2 sets of wheels with different rotors & only problem I have is the disc mounts on one set must be slightly wider than the other as I have to re-centre the calipers when I swap over. Only a 2 min job with Avid calipers though.

thomthumb
    Free Member

stumpy you can buy thin spacers to space rotors out from the hub. betd do them i think.

stumpy01

Thanks thomthumb – didn't know that!

z1ppy

Merlin have some cheap rotors going, or obviously you'll get 2nd hand ones pretty cheap is you want 160mm's

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/clearance-items/avid-rotor-sale.html

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

Superstar do rotors for about £9
    Have them on 2 bikes and seem fine 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Changing rotors – any problems?’ is closed to new replies.