Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Changing Liteville headset
  • hamishthecat
    Free Member

Has anyone successfully removed the headset cups without using a press like the Liteville bespoke one? I’ve tried to drive the lower cup out but just succeeded in driving the lower bearing out. In its component parts.

ndthornton
    Free Member

yes I did mine recently. Everyone raves about the Across headsets but I found mine to be rubbish, letting in water grime from the bottom. So I replaced it with a nice Syncros one. Crucially get one with a rubber seal on the crown race.

Anyway I’m waffling….
    I managed to knock the bearings out first too – but keep at it – there is just enough material to knock the cup out if you find the right implement – think I used a flat head screwdriver or similar….and keep changing the end you whack so it comes out evenly.

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Thanks – that’s reassuring. First time ever but I’ve booked it in at the LBS to do as while I have a press to put the cups back in I want to be able to use the cups again and don’t have the Park removal tool. Using a screwdriver was starting to muck up the seat for the bearing, so I stopped.

I’ve not had a problem with muck getting in and just want to try the 1.5deg slacker option, to max out the gnarr…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Changing Liteville headset’ is closed to new replies.