Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Changing info in Google Maps
  • bencooper
    Free Member

Anyone know anything about this? Because I’m in discussion with a Google representative who just talks to me like I’m an idiot and I’m not getting anywhere.

Issue is that I moved shop, but the link in Maps still has the old address. Everything’s migrated over to the new Google My Business thing, which let me change my contact info address, but didn’t change the map pin location or anything else. What’s weird is that I seem to have duplicate Google+ pages. In the Google My Business app, I get the business page with the new address, in the Google+ app I get the same page (same posts, same number of visitors etc) with the old address.

Now we have the bizarre situation that Maps has a pin in the old location, but if you click on it it gives you the new address.

Any ideas, or are Google just useless?

nickjb
    Free Member

When you get the box on with the address in it there should be an option to ‘suggest an edit’. From there you can report the wrong location. It won’t be instant though. Might be quicker if a few people report it, if you are happy to post a link I’m the STW massive can help.

midlifecrashes

Google maps directions lead people to the alleyway behind our houses, accessed from a different street, rather than the fronts of our houses on our street. I’ve been reporting it to them for about a decade. Still not fixed, so good luck with yours, but as a potential advertiser with money to spend, they might listen more.

timb34
    Free Member

Google maps directions seem to be being extra wilful at the moment – I can’t drag routes around to plan bike rides so easily as the underlying system is utterly determined to put me onto the massive cyle-unfriendly bypass. (edit : ahhh – clicking on the icon for bikes instead of cars seems to work a lot better now)

Anyway, as Nick suggested i’ve clicked on the “suggest an edit” link and checked the “marker in wrong location” box, with a note giving incorrect and correct street names. Hope that helps.

bencooper
    Free Member

That’s fantastic – I had reported it but looks like someone else reporting it kicked it into action, so it’s all sorted now. Thanks 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing info in Google Maps’ is closed to new replies.