Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • changing hose on Hope tech x2s
  • grumm
    Free Member

Following the manual/video for other hope brakes as I can't find one specific to the tech X2s.

When I unscrew the shroud on the lever with an 8mm spanner, the bit of hose with the olive in is still stuck inside the shroud. On the video it shows it just coming away, and the manual doesn't mention having to get it out. It seems to be pretty firmly stuck though. Anyone got any ideas – am I missing something really obvious here?

Junkyard
    Free Member

PULL REALLY REALLY HARD – don't I have no idea but have a bump – does this mean you are back riding or has it rusted away?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Ping an email to Hope from the link on their website. They seem pretty good at replying to technical questions. And while you are at it, ask them post a video as well

grumm
    Free Member

Ta – managed to get it out eventually by pushing it back through the shroud with a small allen key and a hammer! It seems I don't have the right connectors for the Goodridge Hose I had lying about though 🙁

Junkyard – yeah I think I'm pretty much better – gonna try an easy ride on Sunday and might be up for night riding next week if you are going out.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘changing hose on Hope tech x2s’ is closed to new replies.