Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Changing freehub bearings in DT Swiss Spline One (like a 240)
  • jruk
    Free Member

Does anyone know what bearings are in a DT Spline One freehub and the best way to change them? From what I know, they’re the same internals as a 240 hub.

The current bearings don’t have numbers on the seals and all the DT tech docs show the freehub as a complete unit. I’ve read somewhere that there’s a circlip inside but would be good to know for certain.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Knock the outer bearing out, remove the sleeve in the middle, then you can check for a circlip on the inner bearing or not (some do, some don’t)
    Bearings are usually 6902, but depends on the freehub, as the XD drive often has a smaller outer bearing.
    I can’t remember exactly off the top of my head (I should do, I’ve got two sets myself!) but they’re not rocket science & if in doubt, just get the bearings out & measure them.

jruk
    Free Member

Cool, thanks. I’ve done some more digging and that’s suggested 6902 as well so will order some and see what happens. I’ve heard back from DT and they’ve said I should replace the entire freehub rather than change the bearings. Bonkers.

benpinnick

The hole in my workbench attests to the concept that some have circlips and some don’t 😉

goldenwonder
    Free Member

jruk – Member
    Cool, thanks. I’ve done some more digging and that’s suggested 6902 as well so will order some and see what happens. I’ve heard back from DT and they’ve said I should replace the entire freehub rather than change the bearings. Bonkers.

That is bonkers, the bearings can sometimes try & go back in on a funny angle, even with the correct bearing press, so just something to be aware of & stop, remove the bearing, clean up the burr it creates & try again if that does happen.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Changing freehub bearings in DT Swiss Spline One (like a 240)’ is closed to new replies.