Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Changing disk rotor size – HELP NEEDED!
  • wonnyj
    Free Member

If I change my rotor from a 140mm to a 160mm do I need to change anything with the brake caliper mount?
    i.e do I need to add spacers or do I need a conversion kit?

I'm running a Fox F120 with an Avid Juicy 3 post mounted (soon to be changed to an ultimate).

large418
    Free Member

You need an adaptor. Check out CRC, Brake Adaptors website. You need to be very careful of the description though – do you need IS to IS +20mm, Post to IS +20mm, IS to Post, Post to Post?

If this doesn't make sense, talk to CRC helpline

nickc

I 'thought' standard size for front post mount was 160mm rotor, so 'should' go straight on. No?

Junkyard
    Free Member

My Juicy attached to a post mount fork it runs at 160 mm .. I thought this was standard.
    . not sure how that works on your fork is there an adapter between your fork and the brake caliper? if yes take it off = 160 mm post mount. if no you need a +20 mm post to post mount you cannot but a 160 mm post mount due to above

reggiegasket
    Free Member

standard front setting is a 160mm rotor, so I'm not sure what you're on about with a 140mm rotor. 140 rotors are just for the rear.

Do you really mean 160 to 180mm ?

In other words, with a 160mm rotor you either just bolt the caliper straight onto your forks (if it's a post mount fork) or use the supplied adaptor (if it's a IS fork).

wonnyj
    Free Member

Hey reggie, I think you're onto something there.

I'm running a 160mm bolted straight in to the forks and want to upgrade to a 180mm. Sorry brain still recovering from twentyfour12.

So I'll need an adaptor then? Probably post to post +20mm like this

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Changing disk rotor size – HELP NEEDED!’ is closed to new replies.