Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Changing broadband suppliers – what happens on changeover day?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Swapping to Zen tomorrow. Got my new username and password ready to go as all’s good.
    Well, it would be if I wasn’t 110 miles from home for a week but need to maintain a broadband connection at home.
    My plan is to use Teamviewer to access my home network from were I can access the router and set up the new username and password.
    The thing is, if I do this tonight the router will not be able to connect as the connection is not live until tomorrow. But will my existing provider just cut off my existing connection tomorrow morning (or even at midnight tonight) or should there be an overlap of services so I can make the change tomorrow morning?

DiscJockey
    Free Member

It’s possible that your phone line will get connected to Zen’s network at the phone exchange before the cut-off date, certainly no later. Zen will certainly be on time with this, and when they’re ready to get you connected, that’s the moment you get cut off from your existing provider. I don’t think your existing provider will cut you off on the change-over time.

BTW – You shouldn’t allow external admin access to your router – it’s not safe (you probably know that).

Good that you’re going with Zen though – their customer service and reliability is second to none.

allthepies
    Free Member

Doing all that remotely seems foolhardy if you need the connection up asap 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

BTW – You shouldn’t allow external admin access to your router – it’s not safe (you probably know that).

I do [the latter], which is why I don’t [the former] -check my post as to how I’m accessing the router.

Doing all that remotely seems foolhardy if you need the connection up asap

No choice TBH. I’d have had it all changed over early last week but Zen managed to screw up application which delayed it for 5 days. So as for “Good that you’re going with Zen though – their customer service and reliability is second to none.” …. I’m not so sure at the moment.

If all else fails I’ll gett my sister to pop over and click ‘connect’!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Changing broadband suppliers – what happens on changeover day?’ is closed to new replies.