Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Changing anodising colour
  • Robz
    Free Member

I have some parts on my bike that are currently anodised red (fork top caps, shock lock out lever etc). This bothers me greatly.

Is it possible to change the colour of anodised parts and if so does anyone know of a company that do this?

I could just paint them but if it’s possible I’d rather anodised them.

Thanks.

frankconway

First world problem; sorry, can’t help – busy leafing through woodburner brochures 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Anodiser Steve used to be the go to man on SDH/STW.

Robz
    Free Member

Oh yes. It’s very, very much a first world problem.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would imagine most commercial anodisers would need bulk or multiple orders to make any job worth their while.

Robz
    Free Member

Yeah there’s a few anodisers in my local area but they are more used to anodising oil rig bits.

I thought someone might have a wee niche business doing motor bike/car/bike bits or suchlike.

Thanks for the Steve the Anodiser tip. Will explore that option.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Think his email was anodisersteve AT gmail DOT com

Northwind

Steve’ll definitely be able to do that- he did a second frame for me recently but also changed the axle from blue ano to black, and a couple of suspension bolts from black to orange, no fuss.

I love how the anodised finish looks but it’s also really good value- I think I paid about £125 for the whole mess so it’s in the same ballpark as a quality powdercoat really.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Northwind,
    Sort your backgarden out 😀

YETIboyJAY
    Free Member

There’s a local place near me who has done bits for me before- changed an awful orange front end to matte black and a few other bits and pieces. It wasn’t that expensive and the results were amazing. They were called SMB Plating (Plymouth). They did or may still do small jobs on the side- probably why it was cheap. Just money for the Xmas kitty I expect!

Stevet1
    Free Member

If you just want to remove the ano and leave them as polished alu that is easy enough to do at home.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Changing anodising colour’ is closed to new replies.