Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Changing a watch battery
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

take it to the local jeweller, or buy the kit online (£7) and do it myself forever more?

Cougar

Depends if you want it to be guaranteed waterproof or not.

deviant
    Free Member

I used Timpsons on my local high street….took a few minutes and they guaranteed it waterproof again afterwards….cost a tenner i think, depends how much your watch is worth to you i suppose?

singletracksurfer

my jewellers wanted silly money for a Polaris watch £40 5 yrs ago (it was Henley on Thames though)!!!

Did it myself…. and the sound stopped working 🙁

Luckily I found another Polaris watch on the ground when out for a ride last year 🙂

user-removed
    Free Member

I do it myself (battery for a quid) but my watches are pretty much all cheap and nasty. Never had any waterproofing issues – swim and shower with them on…

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I don’t tend to wear my watch anywhere where waterproofing is an issue.
    watch isn’t especially valuable financially, but it is a bit sentimentally.

£10 seems a bit steep though…

higthepig
    Free Member

Had a go on my G-Shock last year, couldn’t be that difficult, could it? Managed to drop something very small on the floor, ended up with a mute watch. Will pay next time to get it done.

geoffj

Automatic watches FTW
    Sick of paying silly money for batteries.

Timpson’s wanted £20 to do my Tissot. When he quoted me the price, he looked up the brand – not the battery type. Considering the batteries cost less than a quid and it takes less than 5 minutes to do, its extortion!

iDave
    Free Member

I have a decent seiko and do it myself – hasn’t leaked so far. really not into sending it off for 3 weeks and paying £60

Cougar

he quoted me the price, he looked up the brand

Different brand = harder to get into, different requirements re: waterproofing, maybe? </speculation>

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Changing a watch battery’ is closed to new replies.