Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Changed to drop bars – seem to be developing a whole new set of arm muscles
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

Have just done my first weeks commuting on my shiny new cx bike, and it’s been a while since i rode drop bars so i’ve had a fun week getting used to it.

But boy do my forearms hurt!

Not complaining though as its great and goes like a rocket compared to my other bike, and sometimes i even remember how to stop – not had so much fun commuting in a long while and even took it off road through the woods on the way back home tonight. great fun 😀

daveagiles
    Free Member

My thumbs hurt if I haven’t ridden drops for a while.

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Have just done my first weeks commuting on my shiny new cx bike, and it’s been a while since i rode drop bars so i’ve had a fun week getting used to it.

But boy do my forearms hurt!

Not complaining though as its great and goes like a rocket compared to my other bike, and sometimes i even remember how to stop – not had so much fun commuting in a long while and even took it off road through the woods on the way back home tonight. great fun

I’ll look forward to seeing the butch new you then … will you look like you’re carrying an invisable carpet under each arm? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    samuri
    Free Member

Going down seriously rocky descents on a cross bike really gets your forearms pumped up.

leffeboy

Excellent, I hadn’t made that connection. I started riding on drops recently and at the same time started to get pain in one arm that was already a bit weak from slamming into a wall hard years ago. Seems to be going with some light work on weights to build it up. I had wondered what had brought it back on

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Going down seriously rocky descents on a cross bike really gets your forearms pumped up.

riding on the drops doesn’t seem to bad it’s when i brake with my hands on the hood it gets a bit interesting – guess my 4th and 5th fingers don’t usually get that much use

I’ll look forward to seeing the butch new you then … will you look like you’re carrying an invisable carpet under each arm?

yes stu – coming soon to the next BB event ‘henchwench’ 😆

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Changed to drop bars – seem to be developing a whole new set of arm muscles’ is closed to new replies.