Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Changed the shock bushing and still not right…..
  • tomhughes
    Free Member

Changed the top bushing on my fox shock in an anthem frame as there appeared to be a bit of movement in it.
    So I buy supposedly the correct bushing, it goes in nicely but when I fix it all back together theres still movement!?!
    Any idea what I’ve done wrong?

GW
    Free Member

reducers wear too, replace them?

Northwind

Does it all feel snug when you’re assembling it? The hardware and (if you’re unlucky) the frame can also wear too.

tomhughes
    Free Member

Ah I reckon your right, its probably the reducers, they went in a bit too easy and a fair amount of rust in there. fingers crossed not the frame.
    Anybody happen to know where I can get some reducers from?

Tracker1972
    Free Member

I got a full heavy duty mount kit from TF Tuned which did the trick for not much more than replacement top hats. Hopefully more durable as well.

tomhughes
    Free Member

sorry to bring this up again,
    I’m going to get the TF tuned one. But on their guide of which size they only have anthem 07, does that mean 07 onwards?
    It says I’m after a 12.7 M6x22 set.
    Also I have a tool for removing/installing shock bushings, will this do the job for the heavy duty kit?
    Thanks

LoCo
    Free Member

They’re 22 M6, have you replaced the eyelet bushing/du and the spacers? if so and you still have movement, you need to check the bottom end mount, check all bolt done up tight and that the shaft that passes through the shaft eyelet of the shock hasn’t worn (no eyelet bush fitted to the lower eyelet of the shock)

tomhughes
    Free Member

Loco, I have replaced only the shock bushing, not the top hat pieces.
    I’m going to check out the bottom bit, but there definitely seems to be some movement in the top connection as I can feel it.

LoCo
    Free Member

I’d replace the spacers in the top end first the eyelet bush will usually wear first but if left a while the spacers will wear too leading to movement.

tomhughes
    Free Member

which bit are the spacers? The top hats?

LoCo
    Free Member

Yes the spacers are the top hats/reducers/bushes and the eyelet bushs are also called DU/sphecial bearings as well.

tomhughes
    Free Member

great,
    athough I don’t know whether I want to risk replacing the spacers as well only to need to get the TF kit as thats going to cost me a fair bit!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Changed the shock bushing and still not right…..’ is closed to new replies.