• This topic has 35 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Mbnut.
Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Changed my wall art today ;)
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Got flamed last time, ho hum

Cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Sorry about the first one, just worked out how to post form the pile of crap that is Flickr

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Does no one want to take the piss?

Spin
    Free Member

Does no one want to take the piss?

I just feel a bit sorry for you. 😉

scaredypants

I do hope that’s a Turner Burner as well

(but I don’t think so)

… and, how bloody high are your ceilings ?!

…… and, why is there a toilet mounted next to the door frame ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s a reissue Raleigh.

*Fail*

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

scaredypants – Member

I do hope that’s a Turner Burner as well

(but I don’t think so)

… and, how bloody high are your ceilings ?!

…… and, why is there a toilet mounted next to the door frame ?

Toilet comes in handy when your as high as a kite, but sadly of little use as it is infact a small mammal.
    And it is an old Burner frame FYI.

CaptainFlashheart – Member

That’s a reissue Raleigh.

*Fail*

Really, just what do you have other than a council flat & an old Volvo?
    😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

A few nice pieces on the walls, Lionel Edwards, Daniel Crane, and some more obscure stuff we inherited. Oh, and some photos.

But no hastily assembled, rehashed bikes. 😉

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Lol, keep it up chap, keep it up.

scaredypants

No Turner, flash ?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Nah, would prefer a Stubbs or a Munnings, Scaredy.

Or this;

I could lose myself in this forever.

Euro
    Free Member

The team burner looked awesome when i was a kid. Looks shite now mind 😀

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Flashy, you are legend, I don’t want to mess with that. 🙂

scaredypants

see that Channel painting makes me cross – the sea, and the rays of light imply far more cloud than he’s bothered to paint

amateurs, 🙄

bit of a hipster, too:

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’re more than allowed to! 😀

FWIW, I quite like the frame hanging up idea, in the right place, etc. Sadly, I do think that a rehash Burner isn’t the right frame.

This, however could hang on the wall of my study any time!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Is that an Arab’s wet dream?
    At one point I thought you had taste, not any more…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s Woody Itson’s Trickstar.

If you didn’t know that, you have even less reason to hang an old school BMX (even a fake one!) on your wall.

scaredypants

he rocked the pisspot/goggles look pretty early, hey ?

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

What, really?
    I have loads of BMX legends in my head, but I have never heard of that guy, maybe it was a class thing?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Seriously? Itson and Dominguez? Lots of uber awesome pink stuff?

Never heard of him? 😯

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

TBH CFH, your irking me, please show some evidence of you on any sort of BMX.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No pics online, sadly. All waaaaay too old!

Started on a Super Tuff Burner though. Loved that bike, just loved it!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Can you provide any evidence that you actually have a bike of any description?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

Yep. Search my history.

Euro
    Free Member

Ah, Hutch TrickStar. I’ve got a story about one of those…

Years ago, one of our bmx gang had one of those, as well as a GT Performer and a Mongoose Pro Class, all blinged up. His parents owned the local Chinese restaurant so he wasn’t short of money. The gang met up every day but i hadn’t seen him for a few days. When i asked what’s up one of the gang mentioned he was selling his bikes. Because he was minted he always sold stuff on the cheap and my eyes lit up. Next day, i raided the piggy bank and called round to his house. ‘Hi, is Colin in?’ I asked. ‘No, he in Hong Kong’ came the reply. ‘Any idea when he’ll be back?’ i quizzed. ‘No!’ came the reply and the door shut. Ah well, i thought, he’s out of the country, i’ll try again in a week or so.

Following week, same thing. ‘Still in Hong Kong’. A few days later, same result. I think i called for him maybe six or seven times over the next few weeks and he still wasn’t back. Then finally i got a different answer. ‘Do you know when he’ll be back?’ ’20 minutes!’. Result! I rode around just outside his house, practicing my stunts (as you do) and trying to decide which of his bikes i would buy. The Hutch was lovely but i’d rode it before and was far too small for me, so it was a toss up between the GT or the ‘goose. Maybe 10 minutes later i spy Colin walking towards me. No luggage with him or bags of any sort. No coat either. Bit odd, i thought, being in away for such a long time without a coat or change of clothes. Anyway, we greeted and had a chat then i showed him my money and asked to see the bikes. ‘Sorry Marty, all gone’. WHAT??? I was gutted. I asked him how he could have sold them so quickly – he was only just back from Hong Kong? ‘Yeah, Hong Kong Restaurant!’

😳

njee20
    Free Member

Can you provide any evidence that you actually have a bike of any description?

Do you? Other than attempts at being ‘cool’ by hanging them on your wall…?

passtherizla
    Free Member

Bikes on walls is **** lame. Unless it’s a garage wall of course.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

njee20 – Member
    Do you? Other than attempts at being ‘cool’ by hanging them on your wall…?

Did I ever mention that I rode bikes?

I have never been one on in my life obviously, I just enjoy hanging out with fine people like you 😐

edd

Lionel Edwards, Daniel Crane

Lionel Edwards and Snaffles here, want a Crane…

njee20
    Free Member

Did I ever mention that I rode bikes?

You challenged someone else on it. Pot/kettle.

Seem to just be having a strop that not everyone’s cooing over your ‘art’…

Bagstard
    Free Member

Well I always wanted a team Burner, so it strikes a nostalgic chord with me. It’s your wall, just make sure it doesn’t land on someone! 🙂

ska-49
    Free Member

Almost as bad as my dad!
    He’s bought a Cannondale Scalpel Team and put it in his living room on a chrome stand as a ‘talking point’.
    Will he ride it? Maybe once a year to the bakery 🙄 .
    I need to steal it this winter and make it nice and muddy and return it whilst he’s away 😈

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Edd, he’s a very nice chap as well as a great artist. Got chatting to him on his stand at Burghley some years ago. Well worth popping by if you’re going, as he often has some artist’s proofs etc for sale.

edd

CFH – yeah, got chatting to him at Badminton about few years ago. He was displaying an oil called “Floodgate” (I think) which totally captivated me. I tried to persuade him to do a print run, my budget couldn’t stretch, but sadly he sold it before taking prints.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

I only bought the Raliegh because I always wanted one as a kid, all the other bikes I have put on the walls have been used, some a lot, some like the Turner Burner not a lot as I never really liked it to ride, but it still an iconic bike so I kept it.

Oh & for njee

Mbnut
    Free Member

I like bikes on the wall but I have a very humble abode and the ones I have in mind are my own somewhat battered ones.

Pictures/photos that have a meaning to me are my choice but if cash was more readily available, and wall space for that matter i’d have some fine art.

http://www.andrewstock.co.uk/core/news.html

Country Gallery

These guys are up there for me… Stock’s Beyond Rosikie Point, which is 5′ x 4′ held me transfixed in the Gallery for near on half an hour, I would have sold a kidney for it!

So, when my Evil Sov, Marin Rift Zone (first incarnation) and Foes Fly ’98 go on the wall I shall keep it to myself!!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Changed my wall art today ;)’ is closed to new replies.