• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by grum.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Chances of flying in to Liverpool tomorrow?
  • grum
    Free Member

According to the papers it seems like Armageddon has finally come to the UK. Supposed to be flying back tomorrow evening. Anyone hazard a guess as to how likely that is to happen? 🙂

lucien

Am at Albert Dock right now, it’s proper windy. Ferries cancelled, all sorts of shenanigans..

gwaelod
    Free Member

Unfortunately you’ll almost certainly be able to land. Winds easing overnight.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks folks – just checking online and according to Liverpool airport’s website it’s cancelled, but according to Easyjet it’s just delayed. Hmmm….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

From Liverpool JL Airport

FLIGHT DISRUPTION DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER CONDITIONS
    Very high winds are affecting the North West of England and causing disruption to some flights operating to and from Liverpool John Lennon Airport. Passengers due to travel on flights to or from the Airport are advised to contact their airline for the latest information specific to their flight.
    The latest flight information regarding flight arrivals and departures can be viewed on our website via the following link: http://bit.ly/1cwfY8M

I know STW is often confused with airline…..

grum
    Free Member

Thanks smartypants but I already checked that, and it conflicts with what Easyjet are saying. 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

fair enough, though my experience is that it’s best to turn up for your flight and go from there if you want to get home!!

JohnClimber
    Free Member
    stevio
    scaredypants

drive to Rhyl and jump up in the air – I reckon you’ll have a decent chance

mrchrispy

They come in too Manchester over my office, I swear one was pointing directly at me as it flew past.

molgrips
    Free Member

Rather you than me :mrgreen:

grum
    Free Member

Ok, er….. thanks! 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

Grum what time is your flight please? I will check for you.

BadlyWiredDog

A friend of mine was stuck in Geneva last night after her Easyjet flight back to Liverpool was cancelled, she’s now flying back to Birmingham this morning – her van is still at Liverpool. Assuming it hasn’t blown away…

I guess the issue may be not just the conditions at Liverpool airport, but also the location of various planes that will have been diverted from there or been cancelled. Love the way that Liverpool airport is massively inaccessibly by public transport. Genius place to site a major transport facility 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

100% correct Badly Wired Dog.

For info the weather for today and this evening (13th) will not be a problem for landing at Liverpool, the wind will gust to a maximum of 33kts and the wind direction is straight down the runway at LPL.whether your flight goes will depend on where the aircraft are and how the schedule is coping.

grum
    Free Member

Thanks very much tomkerton. It’s easyjet leaving Geneva at 8.50pm and arriving Liverpool 9.50. I’m heading to Geneva now anyway – just hope I don’t have to spend the night there.

Love the way that Liverpool airport is massively inaccessibly by public transport. Genius place to site a major transport facility

This is the other problem. My wife is meant to be picking me up but driving across the Pennines could be interesting.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Chances of flying in to Liverpool tomorrow?’ is closed to new replies.