Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • Chance of snow tomorrow and…(pathetic excuse content)
  • scu98rkr
    Free Member

I work in a hospital, can’t really do that from home, the bodies ruin the carpet

yeah you class as vital services, so surely you appreciate less idiots on the road blocking ambulances etc

Working in London, driving home to Derbyshire tomorrow afternoon/evening. Work for myself so won’t be having any days off. I have a 4×4 pick-up which everyone on here loves to hate, but despite living 120 odd miles away ensured I didn’t miss a days work in snowy Middlesbrough last winter

timber

As someone who lives higher and further from work than others, I get sent home with one of the Land Rovers if it looks like the weather will turn and pick-up everyone my side of work.

After a couple of weeks stuck in the yard (lot of our work can’t be done when the ground is frozen or buried), often told to have a day at home rather than drive each other crazy in the yard.

sugdenr
    Free Member

I got stuck in the snow last year and had to abandon my car and walk ride the bike I cannily had put in the back around 2 miles in the dark home on an unlit country lane[u]laughing all the way at the absolute chaos[/u]. Lesson learned.

Snow my a**e it bloody pishing it down here. I love snow/hate rain, me.

trevh
    Free Member

the wifes got a rear wheel drive mx5 no traction control and live in the midlands. should be fun as last year every time it snowed she had the sensible car the mx5 was like a damn sledge.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Tuesdays 4 hour drive to Edinburgh. Summer tyres caused no probs so tell them to get into work or they will lose their job! Edit: Notice how nobody knew about this dump of snow as they didnt make a fuss about it on the news? Imagine this dumped down in southern parts. It would have made the deadlines.
    southbound snow dump drumochter 2 tue 13th Dec by martinxyz, on Flickr

Northwind

Still no snow here 🙁 I’ve got my snow spikes on the commuter and everyfink. This is practically assault, I know my rights!

martinxyz
    Free Member

Could have done with ice spikers earlier. The tracks around here are frozen snow and ice blobs everywhere. Cant really ride when its like this.Some bits arent too bad but you still have to get around these dodgy spots.

donsimon
    Free Member

@ martinxyz, the roads will be better after the snowplough been through by the looks of it, no?

Woody
    Free Member

There is snow in England already

I was up here today Weardale

martinxyz
    Free Member

Snowploughs up here are heated cabins used for tea breaks! They are just ornaments most of the time :O)

The temps changed by 7pm and it melted causing floods in the eve.Then a bad accident on the way home caused big tailbacks.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Headlines* not flippin Deadlines lol. Pity i never made the deadline to edit it!

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Chance of snow tomorrow and…(pathetic excuse content)’ is closed to new replies.