Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • Chance of snow tomorrow and…(pathetic excuse content)
  • rOcKeTdOg

People are already booking the day off “my car isn’t very good in snow”

What’s the worst excuse for being off you’ve heard?

Another “can I leave early because I want to look at some bricks in a wall and if I leave normal time there’ll be a car parked infront of it”

theprawn
    Free Member

don’t knock the snow day. everyone loves a snow day.

radtothepowerofsik
    Free Member

“Booking the day off” would imply it’s being taken as a holiday? In which case, they can do what the flip they like with it

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

“I’ve booked a day of annual leave” – a pathetic skive if ever I’ve heard one.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

My shoes aren’t very good in the snow either. I still managed to walk to the train station this morning through. Just.

People must have thought Michael Jackson had been resurrected with the moves I was pulling.

ohnohesback
    Free Member

You could try some ice spikes…

CaptJon
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    People are already booking the day off “my car isn’t very good in snow”

That sounds eminently sensible. These people don’t feel confident driving in snowy/icey conditions so they are taking a day off. That is a better idea than potentially causes accidents.

vinnyeh

“I’ve built up over 40 hours of flexi this month and can’t roll over more than a week.” from the guy that works 9 til 5 with a half day on Friday.

Self administered flexitime, gotta love it.

Klunk
    Free Member

excuse ? considering the chaos half an inch of snow causes to the road network I’d be quite happy to stay at home.

joao3v16
    Free Member

That sounds eminently sensible. These people don’t feel confident driving in snowy/icey conditions so they are taking a day off. That is a better idea than potentially causes accidents.

But why waste a days holiday entitlement when you could just phone your boss and say “I can’t get to work because my car’s stuck due to snow”?

When we had the bad weather back at the end of 2009 I genuninely couldn’t get my car up the road, therefore – day off 🙂

themountaingoat
    Free Member

Someone rang in to my work once saying they wouldnt be in because “they had a few things to do this afternoon” . 😕

alfabus
    Free Member

Someone rang in to my work once saying they wouldnt be in because “they had a few things to do this afternoon”

taking holiday, or a just not coming in?

if the latter, that is mental… i hope they were told to stop pissing about and get in to work!

Dave

bikebouy
    Free Member

Is it really going to be that bad??

Hope not, I’m off to that Yorkshire and damn well looking forward to it too..

alfabus
    Free Member

Bring on the snow!

I’ve got my winter tyres, and I want to try them out… this bloody mild weather (down south) is ruining my fun.

Dave

maxray
    Free Member

It’s going to mainly be the midland isn’t it?

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

“But why waste a days holiday entitlement when you could just phone your boss and say “I can’t get to work because my car’s stuck due to snow”?

When we had the bad weather back at the end of 2009 I genuninely couldn’t get my car up the road, therefore – day off”

What, you mean you didnt have to take it as holiday? I bet you work for one of them bloody private sector companies where you have it all easy 🙄

“I’ve got my winter tyres, and I want to try them out… this bloody mild weather (down south) is ruining my fun.”

Why do you need winter tyres to have fun? I think you have more fun on standard tyres

themountaingoat
    Free Member

taking holiday, or a just not coming in?

if the latter, that is mental… i hope they were told to stop pissing about and get in to work!

They didnt take it as holiday! He was a very strange man.

Scamper
    Free Member

Although have a Scooby, may work from home if Brum is gridlocked again. Last Dec spent a day towing cars out of snow while ‘working’ from home.

Rocketdog can finally attempt those steps on his day off 😀

MaryHinge
    Free Member

I work at home……err……any good excuses I can use?

“bit slippery on the landing this morning!”

br
    Free Member

A few years ago when snow was predicted I sensibly left earlier from home and got to work fine.

At about 0830 I answered the phone to one of my staff saying how they couldn’t get in because of the weather. And about half way through their ‘excuse’ they suddenly remembered (you could ‘hear’ it in their voice) that I lived twice as far away as them and actually drove along most of their route…

Got no more phone calls, and the rest made it in, if a bit late 🙂

alfabus
    Free Member

Why do you need winter tyres to have fun? I think you have more fun on standard tyres

FWD diesel audi – not a great deal of fun on ice with summer tyres 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

If my car is stuck and I phone in, my boss says “so you’ll be taking it as annual leave then?”

grantway
    Free Member

i’ll be indoors don’t care really

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t wish to put a damp squib on all the fun here but I do believe there is a slight risk of a few flakes falling on London. Let’s see you have fun once the whole country grinds to a halt.

tazzymtb

“it’s snowing I’m going outstide to play, stuff your job where the sun doesn’t shine”

this is running through my brain at half hourly intervals at the moment and it’s not even snowing. 😯

Swelper
    Free Member

Watched the BBC weather tonight. Most of the programme was taken up with the possibility of snow in London.

Hey what about the rest of the country.

Poor London city bankers always getting it worse than the rest of us Z z z

Rant ova. Time for a cuppa

_tom_
    Free Member

Only forecast light snow over here, I’ll probably be driving to work in it early tomorrow morning. It’s meant to clear up by the afternoon.

muddodger
    Free Member

it made me LOL last year,
    we oop norf had snow at least 2 weeks before those darn sarf, but only then did it make the national news! 😀

spooky_b329

Fingers crossed for snow 🙂

Great fun trying to coax a fully laden transit up the slope outside work without sliding sideways into the gates 🙂

Momentum and a gentle right foot always wins, and amusing that the other guys just floor it and give up 30 minutes later.

martymac

last winter, the boss phoned the office and said “the snow isnt that bad, get all those buses out on the road now!!!!!”
    5 minutes later, he phoned again “er, my car is stuck in the snow, can you send someone to tow me?”
    that was a snow day.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Had someone last year say she couldn’t come to work because she didn’t have the right shoes for snow. Amused me.

singlespeedstu

**** work when this is waiting for me in the garage.

111209_145800 by singlespeedstu, on Flickr

derekrides
    Free Member

Got the kite and a snowboard ready to go.. All the excuse I need..

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Whats the point of wasting all that time travelling through delays if you can just work from home anyway.

Any job where the majority of the work is on a computer/phone should just be made to work from home

That way people who are unprepared dont jam up the roads for vital services, people who actually need to be at work or deliveries.

Seeing as everyone here supposedly works in IT i cant see why they cant work from home.

At work we use Linux, but I have a windows machine at home with SUSE installed as virtual machine and I have access to a VPN. I can do everything I need to from home.

The only thing I cant do is physically turn on the machine, so if there was a power cut there might be a problem but the power cuts normally only happen once a year when the weather is too warm and air conditioning is really going.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Seeing as everyone here supposedly works in IT i cant see why they cant work from home.

I do. when necessary

scu98rkr
    Free Member

good !

dyls

I got stuck in the snow last year and had to abandon my car and walk around 2 miles in the dark home on an unlit country lane. Lesson learned.

donsimon
    Free Member

I got stuck in the snow last year and had to abandon my car and walk around 2 miles in the dark home on an unlit country lane. Lesson learned.

You’ve moved house?

rOcKeTdOg

I work in a hospital, can’t really do that from home, the bodies ruin the carpet

Elmo
    Free Member

I have to drive to work, so I can pick up my van.
    I then drive that around as work.
    MTFU and learn to drive to the conditions.
    Didn’t miss a day.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Chance of snow tomorrow and…(pathetic excuse content)’ is closed to new replies.