Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chamonix to Courmayeur – Taxi costs (2 people + skis, luggage)
  • broken
    Free Member

We are looking at getting a transfer from Geneva airport to Courmayeur for a thu-sun short break in late march. Have been quoted 440 euros plus. Was thinking of hiring a car but neither of us are keen. Someone suggested taking the Cham express from Geneva Airport-Chamonix and then taking a private taxi to Courmayeur. What are the costs from Chamonix-Coumayeur in a taxi through the tunnel? Cheers

sweez
    Free Member

Have you tried one of the package companies, I was quoted over £1000 for a transfer to La Thuile (can’t remember from which airport) but I contacted Thomas Cook and it cost me £10 each way.

broken
    Free Member

We are going to arrive on a thursday which is not the normal change over day. Will give it a go though. Cheers

sweez
    Free Member

Package companies may do a Sunday and try http://www.a-t-s.net for a Thursday, a little cheaper than you were quoted 🙂

broken
    Free Member

Hey, it has been suggested to take the cable car from Chamonix to Courmayeur! Does this make sense with all the luggage?

mefty
    Free Member

Have you booked your flights? Milan (Malpensa) and Turin are very easy to Courmayer.

The cable cars go to two different places, but if you fancy walking down a two yard wide path with skis and luggage and a sheer drop on one side go for it.

Personally I would hire and have hired a car in similar circumstances.

broken
    Free Member

Have booked flights to geneva and hotel in courmayeur. Didnt realise transfers would have been so pricey. Probably won’t go for the cable car option because of the 3800mt assent! Will ring the hotel tomorrow to see if they will do a transfer from Chamonix-Hotel return. Cheers.

mefty
    Free Member

There is a bus service from chamonix to courmayeur I believe in the morning nad in the afternoon as it is on the same ski pass. But seriously hire a car preferably from the Swiss side, it is a very easy drive.

josh1982
    Free Member

Hire a car. Don’t know what difference what side French/Swiss matters. Have fun pretty jealous.

NZCol

French side a bit of a maze to get back to.

freeridenick
    Free Member

If you buy the full Mt blanc ski pass you can use the free bus that goes through the tunnel or its 20 euros

there is also a bus direct geneva – courmayeur

http://world.chamonix.com/PDF/courmayeurhiver.pdf

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix to Courmayeur – Taxi costs (2 people + skis, luggage)’ is closed to new replies.