Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chamonix Pics
  • freeridenick
    Free Member

Spent a few days in the alps last week (with nuke of this very forum!)chasing the decent weather. Put some serious mileage on the rental car as rode in Chamonix, Les Carroz, Finale Ligure and Molini. Got every bit of weather from 33 degree heat, thunder and lightning, hail storm and finally a snow storm!

Stevie-P
    Free Member

Very inspiring, thanks for posting.

molinifreeride
    Free Member

Hi Nick, the pro from Liquigas emailed me, saying thanks for the loan of that jacket! He was skidding all over the road when he did the descent – should have gone mtbiking. He’s going to drop it off next week when he returns from Giro di Padania.

leffeboy

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm. Books tickets. Beautiful looking stuff

freeridenick
    Free Member

Nice one Mark, good karma points there !!

we got snow on return to the alps as you can see !

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’m not sure a shot of a crash on a bridge over a raging torrent is the sort of photo which does my nerves any good !

I was there on the 25th and only got a tiny flavour but it really is at another level. For all the times I’ve been there in the winter I have to say in the summer it was beautiful and the glaciers pouring into the town really quite impressive. You don’t notice it so much in the winter.

freeridenick
    Free Member

I thought he was a goner for a second 😯 lucky for the netting…

jambalaya, did you ride any trails in the end?

jambalaya
    Free Member

Didn’t do much unfortunately, Hugh’s Way looked a hassle without train link (drove around to see what ride back would be which took time) was intending to go up to Le Tour but was short on time and decided last minute to do the petit balcon ride which was a bad choice in hindsight (nice views etc but a bit boring) and dislocated my finger in a daft fall (too cocky) on a relatively simple rocky section. Will definitely go back and the 1 hour drive to Verbier means its easy to ride at both.

MussEd
    Free Member

Like!

nuke

Oh yes, the bridge crossing…”Go on, cycle across and I’ll get a photo” 🙄 😉 Those slack wires running vertically were a nightmare, surprised I got as far as I did! Freeridenick’s ‘go’…

Few other photos from the trip…

jhw
    Free Member

Ha I can’t believe you went for the bridge! Good effort!

Loriaz looks tough in those conditions. Top pictures

rickmeister

Brilliant, more please. Where are pics 3 and 4 ?

freeridenick
    Free Member

rickmeister – thats about it 😐 No pics of nuke and I on the beach at Finale in our speedos 😯

3 = push/carry from Bellevue – Bionassy bridge – Cold e tricot
    4 = descent (awesome) from Col de tricot to chalet des miages

ton

looks fantastic, you cant beat a good old fashioned adventure. 8)

flap_jack
    Free Member

this would be the week mrsflap and I normally go to Cham. Not this year due to overrunning ‘Grand Design’. Bad pangs. Consoling ourselves that it wouldn’t be the same without the train.

Has anyone ridden the rooty descent alongside the trainline on the Swiss side ? Found it on a walk it last time, not sure if rideable…v steep and consequence of dropping to left is tangling into the electrics !

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix Pics’ is closed to new replies.