Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chamonix campervan recommendation
  • zomersetglider

Anyone recommend a good dog friendly campervan site around the Chamonix area of the Alps please?

qwertyuiop7
    Free Member

We have stopped at Les Marmottes last 2 summers.
    http://camping-lesmarmottes.com/en/
    Nice walk/bike into town on the trail by the river, train station (train is free) is very close by if you dont fancy the walk, very quiet and fabulous views of the Bossons glacier from your bed 🙂

Any more info or pics drop me a PM

Phil

julesf7
    Free Member

Couldn’t recommend Camping Mer de Glace highly enough. We spent two summers in the Alps, preferring to have the campervan lost up valleys but every so often needing to return to relative civilisation to have a luxurious shower, wash clothes and charge leisure battery fully. Ideal campsite, no problem with our dogs and even would happily let us have an extra shower on the afternoon having checked since we’d been off running all day and needed to drive for 5 hours.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Edukator
    Free Member

Mer de Glace +1

slowoldman

Donkeys years since I’ve been but Mer de Glace too. Waking up in the morning to views of the Dru and Frendo Spur was fantastic. The place was spotless too, they seemed to be constantly hosing down the shower / toilet block (probably something to do with the proximity of the Dru and Frendo Spur). Fond memories of Cham swimming pool too.

flap_jack
    Free Member

Envy.

legspin
    Free Member

+1 on Mer de Glace, will be there in June in our camper 🙂 Look out for Pizza night yum

zomersetglider

thanks everyone….great advice

Grump
    Free Member

I’d add yet another vote for camping mer de glace…..but feel I should mention that the couple running the site were replaced after summer 2014 and that it’s not quite the same as it was before. Same great location mind and plenty reasons to recommend it!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix campervan recommendation’ is closed to new replies.