Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Chamonix advice
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

great sites and riding. Who needs 160mm 🙂

freeridenick
    Free Member

you do in chamonix!

jhw
    Free Member

Chamonix has amazing flowing singletrack too m7, not just techy stuff

Tom’s a good guy, buy his book!

mattjg
    Free Member

jhw – where? I spent years there …

crm1000
    Free Member

freeridenick

Great photo’s.
    You say you went up Montevers then walked & rode to the min-Midi station. Downhill from there ?

Many of the poto’s looked like from the other side of the valley. Where they on the new Flegere ride ?

freeridenick
    Free Member

mattjg – Trient, Hughs way, Floria etc – Although it all flows if your good enough!

crm1000 – yes most of those are from the Brevent side.

Yes long old push up to Montenvers/midi. Unless you can sneak your bike in a paragliding bag…. 😉 no pics.

jhw
    Free Member

Possettes (both variants) and Loriaz too

Flowy as you like, er, except for the odd switchback

Though as FRN says, I suppose it’s subjective isn’t it

freeridenick
    Free Member

Bellachat refuge trail is flowy 😈

mattjg
    Free Member

Horses for courses I guess, I never found a great deal I’d regard as flowy, I’m more a forest ST kind of guy I guess.

That bit above Vallorcine/Chatelard is lovely but only about 500 metres long IIRC (I’ve been gone a year now). I can’t be arsed with loads of on-the-brakes steep switchbacks.

I hiked and dropped Col de la Terrasse -> Loriaz on my snowboard once, would have been a struggle getting a bike up that way.

Anyway those days are gone, feet firmly planted in the Surrey Hills nowadays.

Everyone should go to Chamonix if they get the chance, there are few places in the world you can sit in the back garden enjoying a pastis and look at a glacier in the pink sunset.

Grump
    Free Member

http://chamonixbikeblog.wordpress.com/2012/06/16/chamonix-bike-book-2012-interview/

Thinking about it, Lac Vert/trois gouilles isn’t IN chamonix, but still worth a ride for the flow…

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Chamonix advice’ is closed to new replies.