Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chamois cream. What a revelation!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

I always assumed that saddle soreness was something that you just accepted on longer rides, but after trying some chamois cream recommended by the LBS all I can say is wow, what a difference it makes. Can’t believe that I have been cycling for 30 years and never tried it before!

So if you suffer with even slight saddle sores, then I recommend getting a tube from your LBS. You won’t be disappointed!

philconsequence
    Free Member

did they offer you this advice FREE OF CHARGE!!!!1!!1 😆

philconsequence
    Free Member

apologies, if you dont understand the context of that joke it probably comes across a bit weird. good on you for trying some cream, personally i dont ride enough to need any 🙁 but the recommendation is very much taken notice of 🙂

Taff
    Free Member

I’ve just bought my first tub. Also been told Aqueous Cream from Boots which is about £3 is as good as most chamois creams at a fraction of the cost

cp

It is magical stuff. Anything over 2 hours for me, it goes on. bliss.

And if you get the Assos stuff, if feels particularly nice when you first put the shorts one 😉

I find Assos you don’t need much, but Udderly Smooth needs to be dolloped on a bit.

flanagaj
    Free Member

After buying the cream and opening the tube, I got the distinct impression that it was the same as Aqueous Cream.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Phil – you use lube though, right?

binners

The Assos Minty Arse Lard is like having somebody eat 2 packets of extra strong mints then blow gently onto your nether-regions. Erm…. apparently

slimjim78
    Free Member

I find it weird that im a lard ass and have never needed saddle cream.

I tend to suffer with gooch split though if im silly enough to wear boxers. oooch!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chamois cream. What a revelation!’ is closed to new replies.