Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • chamois cream !!!!
  • richieokeefe1
    Free Member

recommend me a decent chamois cream no expense spared as i'm in pain !!! 🙂

allthepies
    Free Member

Assos.

thread closed.

solarider
    Free Member

Assos.

That was a short thread.

yetiguy
    Free Member

Assos, expensive but the best

richieokeefe1
    Free Member

thanks will look it up 🙂

souldrummer
    Free Member

I am using Ozone Elite. It worked fine on long alpine road rides/climbs last year and I still use it if I am going out on the road bike for more than a few hours. Never seem to need it for mountain biking. I have also used Savlon without any problems.

solarider
    Free Member

Expensive? £10 to save yer' bits from chaffing? Cheap at twice the price I say!

Shame they changed the formula from the old minty zingy stuff. Used to be quite a guilty pleasure. The new stuff doesn't give you the same tingling sensation but works just as well. They used to advise rubbing the old stuff on the chamois but they recommend applying the new stuff directly on your skin. Must have something to do with that vital missing ingredient.

firestarter
    Free Member

ive just bought some of that udderly smooth stuff to try

tommid
    Free Member

Udderly Smooth all the way

Jellybaby
    Free Member

Defo Udderly Smooth

spokebloke
    Free Member

Assos.
    Dip and swipe.

jonb
    Free Member

Udderly smooth

Although next time I'm going to try sudacreme

swampi
    Free Member

got both assos and the udder cream…both are good but i prefer the udder cream

Kuco

I've used Nature Kiss but currently using Assos and would buy it again.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

sudocrem

peteimpreza

Assos

Ti29er
    Free Member

Assos.
    Thread closed.

firestarter
    Free Member

out of interest is it just butt crack or knacker sack too 🙂

myheadsashed

The bits that chaff

firestarter
    Free Member

🙂

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Udderly Smooth.

Assos is OK as well, but I prefer Udderly Smooth.

Joxster
    Free Member

Assos or Chamois Butt'r both have the tingle but Chamois Butt'r is twice the size for a £1 more.

Never ever double dip!!!

bullheart
    Free Member

Udderly Smooth. Use it for my chemo and for cycling.

Its the bollocks.

Driller
    Free Member

Okay, I know I must be missing something, but I've been riding bikes for a long time now, and I ride a long way, back to back days, loads of miles, in the sun and in the rain, on the MTB and on my road bike…

And all I wear is a pair of padded shorts, Altura, nothing expensive, with a pair of baggies over them. And there you go, no chafing, no discomfort, absolutely no need for Assos/Udderwhatever/Nappy Cream/Sudocrem/Petroleum Jelley Buttplug.

Is it just me? Am I all on my own? Am I one of nature's freaks?

I just get on my bike and ride, it all just works, and given the thought of having to smear god knows what all around my bits, I can tell you I'm pretty glad.

Anyone else? No? Just me then.

TheDoctor
    Free Member

Brave Soldier friction zone cream, way better than assos!

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Brave Soldier friction zone cream

and a kiss from your mum ? Jeez, "Brave Soldier" ?? Give me strength!

M6TTF
    Free Member

Never really experienced chaffing either- little bit if my arse gets soaked but otherwise no bother – guess I'm in the minority!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Driller, I don't bother for day rides, even if they're all day. However, if I'm going on holiday I'll use udderly smooth. I don't know if I'd chaff without it but I just don't fancy finding out the hard way and spoiling a holiday.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I agree with driller – comfy kit, comfy saddle, no chaffing.

Creams block pores and alter ph of skin – best avoided. Cause as many problems as they prevent ( from a medical point of view)

Joxster
    Free Member

If I'm just riding my bike once a week, then there's no need for chamois cream. But if I'm riding four or five days in a row then I'll use chamois cream.

cp

The new stuff doesn't give you the same tingling sensation but works just as well.

WHAT?? no tingle any more 🙁 I could do with another pot (first has lasted about 4 years)…

might have to try udderly if there's no more tingle from assos!!

plop_pants
    Free Member

Used assos cream for the first time last w/e as I was doing a long ride and the stuff was free with the shorts I bought ages ago. Noticed chuff all difference, and I did slap plenty on. I think if the shorts are already comfey you don't need it. I certainly didn't like the cold feel it gave to my undercarriage.

robdob
    Free Member

I agree with driller – comfy kit, comfy saddle, no chaffing.

Creams block pores and alter ph of skin – best avoided. Cause as many problems as they prevent ( from a medical point of view)

Fair enough if you can find stuff you are comfortable with, I've been through loads (I think I am on number 6) of saddles to get a comfy one and a SDG Bel Air is the best so far, but I'm still in agony on some rides (with a 6" travel bike too). It's my biggest misery and gets me down sometimes.
    A good smearing of petroleum jelly is what I use, although I think I'll get some of the proper stuff soon. That only stops the chafing, not the bone/muscle pain……. 🙁

DezB
    Free Member

cp – Member

The new stuff doesn't give you the same tingling sensation but works just as well.

WHAT?? no tingle any more I could do with another pot (first has lasted about 4 years)…

might have to try udderly if there's no more tingle from assos!!

Unless they've changed it in the last year, there is definitely still a cooling tingle. Bought it for my alps crossing last year and it is fab. The antiseptic properties cleared up any saddle sore before the week was out.
    Assos Minty Arse Lard – highly recommended.

Marge
    Free Member

I ride a fair bit (6k pa or more) but last weekend I got very wet during a rainshower. For the first time ever on a bike I had some chaffing issues.
    (Meat & 2 Veg area)
    Don't fancy a repetition as I had the undercrackers sticking to the affected areas for the following 48hours which continued the discomfort.

I am note sure now whether to consider cream in the future or if this was a one off.
    (it was also the first time I ridden for more than 5 hours on my Carbonio Flite in place of a SLR XC)

Dmliddle
    Free Member

Assos or DZnuts

Ti29er
    Free Member

There is another issue, not just the occational chaffing when very wet, and that is fungal infections.
    Not something I get typically, but during most of the 12 and 24hr vents last year I really suffered and it's not something that goes away within a day or two.

YOu can't use soap so the Assos cream is a very effective barrier agianst not just chaffing but also fungal infestations – as I found out to my relief on the Kielder 100!

Most of us never spend 12hrs solid in the saddle, so when you do, or anything from 6hrs+, it's paramount you eliminate just one more factor that could, potentially, ruin your whole weekend's riding. Why would you not, ph values or not – get real, some people have different sized back sides, padding and saddles, it's never going to be a one-size-fits-all scenario so anything that can help usually does!

Slap it on all over 'Arry!

Gary_M
    Free Member

udderly smooth, and it looks like the thread is still open.

I don't always use chamois cream, but I use it commuting and on long rides. I have experienced 'the chafe' before in summer and it's not pleasant.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

DZNuts. nice and full of antibacterial stuff. Makes a massive difference on long rides – eg dusk til dawn etc.

I wouldnt recommend sudacrem though, too thick and goopy.

Pigface
    Free Member

Can you use these products on shorts that arent chamois? Is that a daft question?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘chamois cream !!!!’ is closed to new replies.