Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Chamois Cream
  • lovewookie

Just wondering what properties are desirable for a chamois cream?

What is it about your chosen stuff? is it the texture, the smell, the tingle, ease of ‘meltability’?

ta

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I use Sudocrem nappy rash cream its about a quarter thr price of specific chamois cream seems to have the same ingredients and has worked for me for years

lovewookie

There are also a fair few who swear by Assos stuff too, just wondering what it is about certain types that people like, rather than about getting a cheaper alternative.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the udderly smooth one works well, but nt 100% sure moisturiser wouldnt be cheeper and work just as well.

Muke
    Free Member

AKA Minty @rse Lard gives the undercarrage that fresh menthol tinling feeling.

MrSmith
    Free Member

sudochreme is thicker and doesn’t work as well as assos or the elite o-zone stuff.
    assos is designed to reduce friction not as a moisturiser or nappy rash prevention.
    if you piss yourself a lot then it’s probably good to use sudocreme.

johnners
    Free Member

…sudocreme it is then.

aw
    Free Member

I vote for udderly…I used it on a big challenge ride in china and it was immense

lovewookie

OK, cheers.

Hows about a roundup of say, sudocreme, assoss and udderly? what makes one beter than the other? That’s what I’m trying to get to…..

🙂

0091paddy
    Free Member

Assos.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

My view – don’t use any creams unless as a curative. They block pores and alter the PH of the skin and interfere with the normal functioning of the skin. If you are getting sore something else is wrong – shorts/ saddle / riding position.

I come from a nursing point of view where creams used to be used in pressure sore prevention all the time but recent research has said it is best not to use any.

For cycling I have never used any creams and prefer natural fibres next to the skin with a comfy saddle. I never get sore botty – even when soloing sits. Lycra is bad for your skin – traps sweat.

Unorthodox views I know but it works fr me

carlphillips
    Free Member

assos feels nice an minty on yr arse..i put it on my baws too feels good mmmmmmmmmmmmm

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

have to say I rode today with nothing but a pair of baggies and everything was fine- didn’t notice any difference. Agree with TJ, I have used Sudocrem before, and find it’s worse than nothing atall, especially if it gets any bits in it, which then just turns into grinding paste. then you get really red raw!

YoungDaveriley
    Free Member

I never bothered with any form of cream ,until I went through a phase of getting boils on my arse and thighs. Yes,I did seek medical advice,had blood tests etc…nothing showed up.
    Anyway back to the topic. I started using Assos cream and I love that tingle. Also,although it’s probably coincidence,the boils haven’t returned.

psychle
    Free Member

on a slightly related topic… do you chaps where underwear with your lycra? or freeball it? just wondering is all…

carlphillips
    Free Member

undercracker free here and only use cream if doing really long rides

FuzzyWuzzy

No one should ever wear anything under lycra shorts, otherwise you’re negating half the point of them. As for chamois cream, I use Assos (on 1 hour+ rides), works well for me so never bothered trying anything else (and for once it’s not ridiculously expensive compared with other brands). Plenty of people get by fine without though and it’s probably mostly psychological but I do think it helps.

psychle
    Free Member

so that’s what I’ve been doing wrong all these years! 😆

Commando it is from now on 8)

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Chamois Cream’ is closed to new replies.