• This topic has 10 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by womp.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Chamois ?
  • womp
    Free Member

I’m looking for a comfortable bib, I have loads of bibs from gore, assos, northwave, spackt, DHB, non branded, the most expensive sets cost around £80, they are all fine except on long distance 80 – 100 mile rides

I have a LEJOG in 3 weeks so I’m looking for something a little better, happy to spend around £150 – £200 a set

Or should I just put 2 chamois in ? ( As some mates plan to do )

The arse is the only place I get discomfort, no chaffing just that bruised feeling

I realise this is a personal preference issue but is their a generally accepted more comfortable chamois ? Should it just be thicker for distance ? Gel ?

Cheers

rOcKeTdOg

do u use cream?

womp
    Free Member

I have done, but not religiously as I don’t suffer from chaffing even on long rides
    Got the ASOSS stuff

njee20
    Free Member

Two pairs.

rOcKeTdOg

i find thick padded shorts to be worse than well fitted thinner ones. good cream to stop chaffing is the key over a long distance as it reduces “hot spots” and a saddle that your bum is used to

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I tried the zipvit ones awesome they are. Yesterday I used my sugoi ones I had and they felt awful. And they are only £37

coopersport1
    Free Member

Primal Evo Corsa

bikemanspen
    Free Member

Where can you buy the zipit one pls

Onzadog
    Free Member

Before adding a second pair of shorts, have you considered chomois cream? I tend to try and find the right combination of saddle and shorts. What’s your saddle like? I’m not a fan of big bits of “squish” in between me and the bike. I personally like castelli kiss 3 inserts and wiggle dhb shorts.

The other thing to consider is whether your weight will well distributed between your butt and your hands. Also, cadence can have an effect. I’m okay up to 110 rpm, but after that, I can start to feel a little tender.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Which Assos shorts have you tried? The F1 Mille is by far the most comfortable pair of bibs I’ve worn.

womp
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I’ll take a look at the recommendations

I have a new bike due in the next few weeks also which will bring a whole set of new problems but I do have a bike fit booked

I’m probably going to use my Prologo Nago CPC saddle as it’s broke in and feels the best out of my collection

My Assos are the FI.UNO S5

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Chamois ?’ is closed to new replies.