Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Chain Reaction Cycles – rubbish customer service – or am I being unreasonable?
  • winston
    Free Member

Buy bike in Large (Sunn Modular S1)in egg10 sale which is already pretty well reduced due to Sunn going bankrupt when showing 5+ in stock

Bike is delivered just before bank holiday and guess what, i’ve been sent a medium. OK so my weekend riding is shot for a start.

Email CRC and they simply say “well we don’t have anymore L in stock so either take it to a post office or wait for a courier”

I work and purposely got this delivered in my holiday – that holiday is now over and there is no one in – unless I take a day off of course!

Putting it in the car to take to PO is problematic as it is a big box and I have a small car.

So I email CRC and say that it will cause me some hassle to return this item, perhaps they could help me out with a bit more discount on a more expensive bike (i.e this bike cost 630 with discount – next couple of bikes up like Tzar or Shaman cost between 200 and 400 more)

They offer me £15 and will not budge

So for £15 I have to spend 200-400 extra, £1000 total and wait in for a day.

Whatever I will have to wait for a courier I assume which means a day off to rectify their mistake – a mistake easily made but badly resolved.

call me unreasonable but this sucks to me – but perhaps my expectation of a business is just based on the way I run mine

wolfenstein
    Free Member

If you do order a size Large and been sent A Medium deliberately ..then that sucks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

You NEVER make mistakes?

It’s a PITA but offering pick up and a discount seems ok to me
    Can’t you take it to work?

Jamie
    Free Member

I think you are being unreasonable to expect them to discount another model.

a mistake easily made but badly resolved.

…but they are going to collect the bike, and refund you? Not much more they can do.

winston
    Free Member

yes they are going to collect and refund (surely the absolute least they could do as they sent me something I didn’t order and can’t use?) but this means me staying home for another day – and no I can’t take it to work even if I could fit it in the car.

Of course I make mistakes but then i rectify them without (hopefully) putting the other party to trouble of if there is no choice, compensating them with something that will smooth the issue over

I stay home and lose a day of leave, they knock something worthwhile off a more expensive bike – everybody wins surely

But perhaps I’m out of step with the retail world – I mean I ordered a hydration pack last week from Merlin in black and black, stealth black (there was a choice) and got the red and black one – really bright red……obviously its send out a random product week!

Jamie
    Free Member

Someone will be along shortly to tell you to use your LBS 😉

ninfan
    Free Member

Don’t CRC do collect+

local corner shop/garage from early ’til late, 7 days a week – both for collection and delivery!

There, thats you problem solved, no need to take a day off waiting for couriers, non?

I work and purposely got this delivered in my holiday – that holiday is now over and there is no one in – unless I take a day off of course!

Mistakes happen, you failed to plan for a reasonably foreseeable contingency (wrong product or delivery delay)

Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t CRC do collect+

local corner shop/garage from early ’til late, 7 days a week – both for collection and delivery!

There, thats you problem solved, non?

Not really. Unless the OP is really good at packing.

winston
    Free Member

Mistakes happen, you failed to plan for a reasonably foreseeable contingency (wrong product or delivery delay)

Fair enough – I’ll take that one as my bad planning

Jamie, I’m pretty good with a hacksaw ;0)

gogg
    Free Member

Raise a dispute on your credit card (you didn’t receive the goods ordered).

Then offer them a two hour window to collect at a time that’s convenient for you.

They didn’t contact you to offer you alternative goods to those which you ordered and as a result are in breach of the distance selling regulations.

They might raise their game after that.

It’s why I use my LBS and not the big online retailers.

winston
    Free Member

Looks like they might sort it out in a better way afterall……

I’ll hold fire on commenting till then.

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll hold fire on commenting till then.

Bit late now.

legend
    Free Member

Bit late now.

You’ve emailed them a link to the thread?

winston
    Free Member

I only posted this thread after my third and final brush off

I’ll hold fire commenting further but I stand by what I have said up to now and they haven’t actually done anything yet so we’ll see.

DanW
    Free Member

It sucks to be sent the wrong size but it is a minor mistake and they are being more than reasonable in sorting it.

A bike box should fit in even the smallest car with the back seats down to take it to the post office or in to work with you for the courier to collect from there. If it really doesn’t fit in the car then can the courier collect from a neighbour who is around during the day or specify an hour or two hour window of collection? All worth investigating. I’m sure CRC will refund the postage costs if you arrange your own courier who can specify a collection time. Any useful options there?

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Bike boxes are to big now for local post offices,you have to take them to a Parcel force office.
    I think its crap you order a Large and get a medium.Dont they double check anymore???.

tpbiker
    Free Member

Whilst it aint great that you’ve been sent the wrong size, any time you order online you need to be aware that things might not be sent correctly. Thats the risk you take when looking for a bargain online.

Not sure why they would be expected to offer you a discount on another bike. They’re offering a refund, how you return it isn’t really their concern.

sync
    Free Member

Out of interest have you had it out the box and is it nice albeit small? Are they as light as they claim?

winston
    Free Member

I am very pleased to report that unlike the one junior member of the team I started dealing with (and many on this thread amazingly), CRC is a company that truly does have an understanding of how to keep customers happy and why it is important to listen to them.

The net result is a (I hope!!!!) correctly sized Tzar S1 for a very good price which is now sitting in my neighbours garage awaiting my attention

I for one are very glad, not only cos I’ve got a new bike but because it has restored my faith in the company which I will continue to use a lot.

Mods feel free to edit the thread title to “CRC in good customer service outcome”

tmb467
    Free Member

awaits HazzaJoe’s receipt of a Tzar, and a Yeti in your neighbours garage…

winston
    Free Member

Sync – the Modular was pretty light and looked absolutely lovely. I don’t think you can get more bike for the money at the moment

CrMo frame in nice white colour
    120mm Recon Gold Solo Air with 15mm axle
    Formula brakes
    S1000 crank on 2×10
    Alex rims on CNC hubs
    X7/X5 drive train

£629

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Chain Reaction Cycles – rubbish customer service – or am I being unreasonable?’ is closed to new replies.