• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Chainstay protection
  • m0rk
    Free Member

New Codeine arrives this week (apparently) and I’d like the chainstay not to get that shot peened look immediately.

Current bikes either making do with whatever came with them, or inner tubes zip tied to the chainstay….

But what’s the tape people are wrapping round them? Looks more versatile than the neoprene lizardskins that I used to use (and tore)

handybendyhendo
    Free Member

Csixx….thread ends

onedpete
    Free Member

Yep, I second the Csixx chainstay protector. Bit fiddly to fit, instructions are pretty cryptic!! But, once fitted, looks trick, silences the bike and mine looks brand new after 18 months!!

wwaswas

I use old Road inner tubes or damaged tubeless conversion rim strips. Wrapped tight and a small zip toe at each end holds them in place.

edward2000
    Free Member

Slapper tape. But be careful what you google

m0rk
    Free Member

Slapper Tape – that looks like the stuff…. I didn’t think it was Amalgamating Tape I’d seen!

Csixx protector looks interesting too

Rorschach
    Free Member

Innertube.It gets beaten up on the yoke right by the chainring and is really awkward to protect.

switchbacktrog
    Free Member

That plastic spiral wound “cable tidy” stuff……….

Cable Tidy

richardthird

Old black bar tape (or new I spose)

continuity
    Free Member

The stuff that gets resold is 3m 2228 tape.

That’s what all the pro mechanics use.

amplebrew

Self-Amalgamating tape is great stuff at £3.99 for a roll at Screwfix.

flicker
    Free Member

2″ wide 5 metre roll self amalgamating tape, £5 delivered off eBay. Works a treat.

The 3m tape/slapper tape is self amalgamating tape.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Inner tube sliced into 2 strips. The self amalgamating tape/bike wrap lasted 5 minutes.

JoeG
    Free Member

Scotch 2228 tape, available in 1″ or 2″ width, so fits a variety of chainstay/swingarm sizes.

http://www.amazon.com/Scotch-Rubber-Mastic-Width-Length/dp/B001AO9IRG

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Chainstay protection’ is closed to new replies.