Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chainsets xtr or slx?
  • vondally
    Free Member

Looking for a new 10;speed chainsets Merlin hve xtr at
    £ 150 or slx at 65 is there any real differences to mere old not very good riders?

qwerty
    Free Member

Go SLX and save £85.

jambalaya
    Free Member

I bought XT groupset on sale a while ago having originally selected SLX as price was tempting but really the SLX is fine and will probably last longer too

bearnecessities

For £85 extra I’d have the xtr, but then I’m a tart with poor financial management.

vondally
    Free Member

BearN,…thanks for the honesty…that is how I am feeling

jambalaya
    Free Member

For £85 extra I’d have the xtr, but then I’m a tart with poor financial management.

This sounds very familiar. My bargain purchase was sat under my desk for 6 months but at least its now in the lockup next to the frame its all going on. Allegedly

The extra £85 would probably be better spent on some other nice bits, Hope headset/BB/stem/seat clamp ?

qwerty
    Free Member

So, SLXTR it is then ! 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

The sram with a hope bb.

adsh
    Free Member

The XTR chainset they have are race version with the weird 88mm BCD. Aftermarket rings are available but they’re more expensive and less common.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

could have written that myself 😆

The XTR chainset they have are race version with the weird 88mm BCD

this

there is a triple trail version on eBay for a similar price

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Shimano-XTR-M980-10-Speed-Triple-MTB-Chainset-170mm-42-32-24T-/201481979955?hash=item2ee9430833:g:b3MAAOSw7FRWX0OD

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chainsets xtr or slx?’ is closed to new replies.