Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chainset! Shimano XT M761 vs Shimano SLX M660
  • mbro12
    Free Member

Okay, Ive been trying to find some cheap cranksets around but Im reserved to spending £70+ to get quality and Ive narrowed myself somewhat down to a second hand Shimano XT M761 Crankset with a BB included for £75, looks in real good nickr with only a small ammount of wear on the rings, cranks themselves look mint. Then, the other option is the beautiful looking 2010 M660 SLX Cranks which I can get brand new, with a Bottom bracket for £89, just £14 more. So, is it worth the bit extra to get a lower spec, but newer and heavier, but stronger set of cranks in the SLX or go for the slightly older spec XT cranks.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Hmm – trouble is the chainrings may look "only a bit" worn but who knows what a new chain will be like on them – Safer bet and cheaper replacement chainrings I'd go for the new SLX myself 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

SLX looks XTR esque and ultimately a lot nicer than XT. thats all that matters really!

nickegg
    Free Member

For £14 more it has to be SLX surely?

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

XT was updated in 2010. I had SLX and wore it out quickly. I prefer XT.

PJM1974
    Free Member

SLX every time.

jon1462
    Free Member

SLX without a doubt. I have and use both and wouldnt buy another XT chainset.

alexpalacefan

Gotta be the new uns. I'd be worried about a part worn set of chainrings wearing out too quickly. If you can get just the XT cranks and some new rings though…

APF

Jamie
    Free Member

I got a SLX triple chainset and BB for £74 from Ribble 3 weeks ago. Makes it a no-brainer if you can still get it for that price.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chainset! Shimano XT M761 vs Shimano SLX M660’ is closed to new replies.