Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chainset bargains?
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Any good deals around right now?

Cheers.

Mister-P
    Free Member

Maybe if you were a little more specific about the kind of chainset you want we could point you in the right direction?

ruscle
    Free Member

I just got the new Middleburn Duo X-type for £200 from RJC x-treme.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Fair comment. My ISIS bottom bracket has died and there are no replacement bearings for 6 weeks. I was wondering if it might be worth replacing the chainset/bottom bracket. The ISIS has been fine, needs new bearings every few years.

Fancy XTR M970 but they’ve gone up in price a lot since my last one. Maybe SLX or XT would be closer the mark. Or, should I just wait for the bearings?

bigjim

Superstar ISIS BB is doing well for me, survived a few wet winters. If you are careful you can use a syringe to inject grease under the rubber seal to stretch it out a bit longer.

DezB
    Free Member
    rucknar
    Free Member

J E James in sheffield have the SLX stuff on for a good price if it’s not too low range.

http://www.jejamescycles.co.uk/shimano-slx-speed-drivetrain-mountain-bike-groupset-id61916.html

Onzadog
    Free Member

What’s the deal with mixing a 10 speed chains on a nine speed group? Is the spacing the same? They all seem to rob two teeth from the extremes though.

stgeorge

These were going for £87.99 on CRC 3 weeks ago (Good kit)

Onzadog
    Free Member

Okay, I’ll be more specific. Has anyone seen better that £288 for M970 XTR or £126 for M770 XT 9 speed?

Cheers.

hambl90
    Free Member

slx on the rose bikes website for just over £80.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t the bottom brackets come separately from those guys?

Moonhead
    Free Member

Just got an XT groupset from here

http://www.actionsports.de/gb/Components/Cranksets:::7_25.html

Great price and service

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chainset bargains?’ is closed to new replies.