Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chainsaw – what should I buy?
  • BARDSTER
    Free Member

Been looking at buying a chainsaw for occasional home use for firewood. I have heard it is best to get a shortish bar, but a fairly powerful machine. I would hope to get something of reasonable quality to last me plenty of years. Any ideas would be useful. Thanks!

Wally

I looked into this, by the time you buy a Stihl, trousers, gloves, headgear you are talking mucho 100’s.
    I use a black and decker Alligator. Very very safe, fully guarded mini chainsaw. At the end of the day I valued my digits and leg, I knew a cheap Aldi one would end in tears. I get through a lot of roof timbers and floor boards, about 2 houses a year. Chains are £8 and the lopping saw about £70.

Good luck- they are not toys.

Shorty121
    Free Member

STIHL all the way if you want quality we use ours up to 10 hours a day and never have reliability issues. +1 on chainsaw trousers

handyman
    Free Member

+1 for stihl get a 16inch bar max lenghth and gert all saftey gear i have gloves, wellys and trousers cheaper than a false leg if you can get some instruction I did a course at my agri college in norfolk

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chainsaw – what should I buy?’ is closed to new replies.