Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chainsaw-ists
  • cultsdave
    Free Member

Having got myself the STW standard wood burner I now need a chainsaw sharpening tool to go with the chainsaw I was given.
    Got myself the PPE before it is mentioned.

Thanks for the advice.

welshfarmer

A file with a guide is all you will need

geoffj

Filing kit {File kit 3/8 pro} https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B001W0FGC4/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_s6baAbY7GGXAA

Obvs, get the right size.
    You need round file and flat file as a minimum.

Oh and chains from blind stick insect on eBay before you ask 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

All of what Geoff said.

uphillcursing
    Free Member

I pay a man $10, or about six quid at the local mower shop to do mine.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Yep, Husky roller guide and round files do a great job for me.

Taking your chain to be sharpened is not much help on a saturday afternoon when your chain goes blunt.

neilnevill
    Free Member

After reading about a lot of serious wood guys selling their grinders after trying the pferd CSX / stihl 2 in 1 easy file I’ve bought one to try. It’s just over £30 so a bit more costly but the comments from guys that know their chit are that its a fabulous tool.

WillH

I’ve also heard excellent things about the Stihl easy file, am tempted to arrange for Santa to bring me one for Christmas.

neilnevill
    Free Member

It isn’t much more costly than a round file and guide, roller guide and a flat file to be fair.

I got a second hand one of the right size for some of my chains on eBay for £26. Cheapest new I found was the pferd (blue handled version) on ebay but listed as stihl. They didn’t have the other size I need though annoyingly.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chainsaw-ists’ is closed to new replies.