Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Chains on Merlincycles – Quantity Discount?!
  • robbo1234biking

Ok not sure if this is my computer being weird but I was going to buy a couple of new deore chains for my bike. Merlin seem to be the chepaest and on the website it says:

Quantity discounts available, just change the quantity box to update the price

So I update it and it is only multiplying the individual price by quantity hence no discount!

robbo1234biking

Oh and can I use a powerlink with Shimano chains?

Paceman
    Free Member

Yes, you can use a powerlink, but one won’t come with the chain.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

kmc links are better

you need to buy 3 iirc

DoctorRad
    Free Member

Unless Shimano chains have improved lots lately, I’d use Sachs/SRAM every time.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

So I update it and it is only multiplying the individual price by quantity hence no discount!

they probably mean 5 or 10…

robbo1234biking

hey probably mean 5 or 10…

No I tried 5, 10 a 1000 and all still the same price. They are still cheap anyway so not a huge issue – just thought my browser might be loading a cached page or something!

I got a SRAM chain last time and it has only lasted about 300 miles to 0.75 wear so its not quite done yet but hasnt lasted long really

Baldysquirt

I’ve just sent them an email about my chain / cassette order. The PC971 chain didn’t come with a power link, which starts to make it look quite poor value when the indiviual chain listing specifies that it does come with one and buying it with the cassette only saves you a pound.

TeaBoyPaul

I bought a PC991 chain from Merlin last week… came with a powerlink so maybe it was just missing from your bag! Bargin price compared to everywhere else at the moment.

Paul

robbo1234biking

I emailed them and got a reply that there is a mistake on the website and should be updated this afternoon…

enfht
    Free Member

Are you 100% sure there was no powerlink? Every SRAM chain I’ve ever bought had one included inside the sealed plastic box?

ac282

I got a cassette + chain this morning. It came with a power link.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I bought a SRAM chain from merlin the other day, havent opened it yet but it looks like an OEM one, no official SRAM box, its just wrapped in bubble wrap.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’sbound to be OEM at those prices. I got a PG990 cassette and it came wrapped in clingfilm!

But it was £20 cheaper than anywhere else, so I’m happy.

0range5

I use KMC X9 chains – seem to be the toughest, and also the cheapest for the quality. Get them from Parker International for a silver/grey one, ebay for full silver. Other ebay shops have them cheap sometimes, I got some from Rutland Cycles on ebay for about a tenner each a month or so back.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Chains on Merlincycles – Quantity Discount?!’ is closed to new replies.