Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Chainring spacers – where from?
  • Lakes_Puma

I’m after some black washers to adjust my chain line,

The must be black and only 1 or 2mm

Anyone know where I can get some from?

oldnpastit

Why do you need to adjust your chainline in the first place?

bigblackshed

Just Googled “chainring spacer” and got pages of hits. They all appear to be silver. Time for a black marker pen.

tthew

Washers is the obvious answer, if or where you could get black ones I’m not sure.

But even on single speed, 1 or 2mm probably won’t make much difference to any problem you may be having. Look at 2mm on a ruler, over the length of a chainstay that’s 3/4 of f*** all angular difference.

sillyoldman

You running a single ring on a double chainset?

Wheels Manufacturing do suitably sized spacers – 1.2mm ones are part no WM0031 and 2mm are WM0032. Madison do them, so any shop can order on the codes above.

Lakes_Puma

oldnpastit I was looking at the wear on my narrow wide chainring and the narrow teeth are more worn on the outside compared to the inside, I wanted to move the chainring in a little bit to see if it made a different on the teeth wear.

sillyoldman I’m running a single Narrow Wide chainring on a Saint double crankset, the chainring is mounted in the ‘middle’ position, thanks for the part numbers though.

mathewshotbolt
    Free Member

I have just fitted some 5mm spacers to my xt frank running 1×10.

Made a bit of difference to chainline but be careful as you may need longer ‘female’ chainring bolts.

tthew

wear on my narrow wide chainring and the narrow teeth are more worn on the outside compared to the inside

Honest question, as I’ve never tried 1x?? and narrow-wide. Can’t you turn them round as there’s not ramps and pins to worry about?

Lakes_Puma

tthew, I was going to turn it round but the one I have has one side with a recess for the female part of the chain bolt.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Chainring spacers – where from?’ is closed to new replies.