Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Chainreactioncycles and item reviews
  • dblspeed
    Free Member

Posted a review 2 days ago and I can’t see it published yet, are they just slow or is it because I gave the product 2 stars?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Well known for astroturfing, never a bad review.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Probably because you gave it two stars, I’ve experienced the same.

Try again, I bet it doesn’t get published.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

Give it 4 stars but a shite review see if hat works.

toys19
    Free Member

Same experience here, never had a bad review published on crc. cheating sods.

honourablegeorge

Reviews poor enough here – although my bad one didn’t make it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Reviews.aspx?ModelID=24985

gingerss
    Free Member

Are there any published standards for reviews? Has anyone asked them for some?

I wonder if there’s some weird protectionist criteria that they apply? E.g. if there’s any hint that your review reflects badly on CRC it’s not published.

Edit: Why not post up on this thread the review that you submitted and we can see if there’s any reason they’d pull it.

Edit 2: Found this http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Help.aspx?HelpTopicID=121

Northwind

I’ve had bad reviews posted

lucien

Could you give a high level of stars and then say everything you need to in the narrative?

Stevelol
    Free Member

I posted an extensive review of the 661 comp glove (last years) a few weeks ago, gave them 2/3 stars.

I’ve just checked and it’s not been posted, not happy really as I spent time writing it and often use the reviews to decide on nondescript products like cables, liquids etc. Not happy. More fool me I suppose.

dblspeed
    Free Member

I gave a review of the Shimano AM41 shoe, comparing it to the AM40 and MP90, both from Shimano, complaining about the lack of the removable insole compared to those 2 other models, which was also adjustable in stiffness. That’s it, no comparison with the competition, no swearing, profanity etc. I can see the same shoes have received a 2 star rating, but largely outnumbered by the 5 stars….

edit IMO giving a high rating then writing everything in the narrative is not as effective, as most people look at the average, read all the negative reviews and only some of the positive ones?

bummer here as well as I spent time writing that review.

chris_db
    Free Member

You’d think, naively, that any company would use reviews to concentrate their stock on what people like. Wouldn’t you?

gingerss
    Free Member

Seems a bit odd. Without being overly cynical maybe your recommendation being for two alternative discontinued products was the killer. Buy these instead, CRC don’t have any but google is your friend. Maybe they just don’t have staff to moderate all the reviews they get.

If you were to be cynical there are all sorts of things you could assume, however it might be best to just ask them. I’d be interested in the response you get as I do use the review ratings as part of my product selection criteria.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Chainreactioncycles and item reviews’ is closed to new replies.