Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Chainreaction Credit Card fraud – whats the situation these days?
  • Midnighthour
    Free Member

I have not used Chainreaction web site for a long time, by chance not needing bike stuff just before the credit card fraud problems they had difficulty tracing.

I now need bike stuff again and would like to use them but my only payment option is credit card. Did they get everything sorted and is it safe to make payments now?

I used to find them an excellent company to use so would like to give them trade.

xcentric
    Free Member

use paypal if you’re worried. Great co to deal with – good on returns too.

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Thanks, but I can only pay by credit card as I don’t want to start a paypal account.

Anyone else know how things stand with chainreaction these days?

woody2000

You don’t need an account to use PayPal AFAIK

greeble
    Free Member

you don’t need a paypal account to pay via paypal.

jota180
    Free Member

The card company would make it right anyway if [in the unlikely event] your details were compromised

creamegg
    Free Member

ive paid by direct debit several times over last 6 months. no issues here

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve paid by debit card loads and loads of times over the last couple of years and have not had any issues at all (touches wood, throws salt over my shoulder etc etc) so I can only assume the issues are sorted.

dingabell
    Free Member

I got stung in “The Great Credit Card Rip Off” but I’ve now gone back to using them again. You’d hope they would now have learnt from their mistakes (if they were their mistakes) and have tightened things up? So far so good.

jonba
    Free Member

I was done ages ago but have been fine recently for too many transactions.

It was actually no problem for me. Bank sent me a new card and that was the first I new about it. They’d cancelled the TV I bought in Mongolia or whatever it was.

darrell
    Free Member

im still waiting for an apology from them. worst customer service i have ever had the mispleasure to deal with

my business has gone elsewhere

Northwind

Odd as it seems, statistically companies that have been a victim of credit card fraud are a safer proposition for a customer than companies that haven’t. I wouldn’t hesitate, personally.

Also do remember to use topcashback/similiar 😉 You’ll get 3% cashback and oh, if you don’t already use it then it’d be mighty fine if you’d use this referral link:
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/northwind
    Any referral money I get currently goes to Macmillan Cancer Support

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Chainreaction Credit Card fraud – whats the situation these days?’ is closed to new replies.