Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Chainguide noob
  • chrishc777
    Free Member

I’ve never run a chainguide, nor mounted one. never needed one as I never drop the chain, however for the mega I thought I’d get one to be sure.

Anyway I picked up a Saint one, CG50, and have now come to mount it nd it doesn’t seem right to me, it seems too far in towards the frame so the chain rubs on the outside of it. Suppose I can space that out with some washers, but I have the ISCG mount twisted all one way, only way it’ll fit, and it doesn’t look right to me, the guide is very close to the ring, and it is spring loaded to allow it to go upwards, jammed into the chainring like that it doesn’t look like it can tough.

Mostly it’s very loud and draggy! Does it look right and do I just need to MTFU?

Any help much appreciated!

Yes the fence needs attention and the grass needs cutting… Busy with bike stuff!

kayak23

Do you have the right size guide for the ring you are using? The jockey wheel could be too close to the ring else.

Try putting a washer between the guide and each iscg tab to space it out a little. I think you could also rotate the guide forward a smidge. As a rough guide, the top guide can be fairly central to your seat tube generally.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Space the guide out or bring the crank in. Which gears does it rub in? It will do in some of them probably depending on the setup.

chrishc777
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll get some washers and sort the chainline.

It’s good for my 36t ring. By rotate forward do you mean clockwise? It won’t go any further anti-clockwise and if I turn it clockwise the top guide pulls the chain up and away from the ring rather than keeping it on there…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Chainguide noob’ is closed to new replies.