Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Chain-tugs – what am I doing wrong?
  • bruceonabike
    Free Member

Single speed project is not going to plan and have just hit another obstacle – bl**dy chain-tugs!
    First some pics, not terribly clear I’m afraid but if you know what you’re looking at they might make sense.

The tugs are from Conspiracy. Am I fitting them wrong or are they the wrong type for my wheel/frame setup?
    There just does not seem to be room to get the tugs in, the second pic shows it best, there is no room for the lip of the tug to sit inside the dropout even though the axle is nowhere near the end.
    Using QR skewer btw, not in photos.
    [edit:]The tugs are flat on one side (the outside) with a lug on the other that clearly fits the slot of the dropout and prevents it turning.
    Thanks

schmiken

Have you fitted too many cassette spacers? This would cause the lockring to sit quite far out.

Trustyrusty
    Free Member

Schmlken+1, there should be a gap big enough for that lip on the chain tug, so there’s either too many cassette spacers or you’re missing a nut/washer from the axle

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruceonabike
    Free Member

Thanks schmiken, that was it, D’oh! Thank you very much.

wwaswas

I’ve just filed the tabs on the tug down a bit so it sits flat on the dropout in the past.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Chain-tugs – what am I doing wrong?’ is closed to new replies.